Future
Lv 7
Future asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

The second official confederate flag had the virginia battle flag built right into it, just in a white field. The third and fourth too...?

Why are conservatives so insistent the flag wasn't the flag most associated with the confederacy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confede...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't understand why so many people maintain that the Battle Flag wasn't the flag of the Confederacy when the flag of the Confederacy had the design on it for the second and third flag (there was no fourth official flag).

I definitely see that they won't acknowledge that William Tappan Thompson said "As a people we are fighting to maintain the heaven ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race", and they won't acknowledge that Thompson called it "the white man's flag".

Nor will they acknowledge that William Porcher Miles who created the design, was a "fire eater" who called slavery a "divine institution".

And of course, they refuse to see the fact that they wouldn't have anything to do with the flag today had it not been for conservative politicians in the south who revived it for use as a rallying symbol against civil rights in the 1940's.

• 5 years ago

I didn't know there was a contest for "most" associated. It is clearly associated with the Confederacy, but what's the problem? Confederacy does not equal racism any more than Catholic equals pedophile. Yes, the Confederacy fought to uphold slavery. Nobody that I know of that displays a Confederate flag does it because the like slavery, they do it as a sign of their southern heritage.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

libs crying over a flag shows their low political IQ!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

contards lost the Civil War

KKKONS = TRAITORS

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • k w
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

can you say political manipulation? political correctness?

that answers most everything odd that doesn't make sense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.