why do people actually believe story of Noah's ark when it is clearly totally ludicrous. Only an idiot would think it actually happened?

• Chris
    Best Answer

I don't think anyone told the story in adulthood, having had anything like a useful education would swallow it. So I'm going to blame unquestioned childhood stories for this.

Even in the UK, My daughter goes to a Church of England run primary school, there's little other choice than faith schools in the UK, some are faithier than others but very few aren't. Anyhow, when evaluating the school on an open day where I got to quiz my daughter's potential teacher, I asked about how much actual religion there was in the schools output and unsurprisingly, one of the first subjects they were going to tackle was the Noah's arc story - My nephew also did the Noah story in a different school several years prior.

The Noah story appears to be a standard text to uncritically present to four year-olds. Obviously it's a sanitized version with little or no mention of the vast amounts of death.

Luckily my daughter has a father.

As an addendum, I did ask that the school not ask my daughter to make any positive proclamations of faith.

The teacher answered, and I quote "Of course not, while we're a Christian school we do have children of other faiths.. I mean, we do get the children to say that Jesus is the light of the world during group worship, but no proclamations of faith."

I didn't argue, she clearly had no idea what I was talking about.

People that believe that are mentally unstable.

However, any Christian that doesn't believe it likes to pretend that it's not even in the Bible when it clearly is. There are new species of animal found almost every year which adds to the evidence that all animals of the world couldn't fit on one boat which was smaller than the Titanic!

These people are insane and abuse their children by lying to them. It's sick!

Source(s): atheist.

Well, we have plenty of indoctrinated idiots in the USA...

Polls show that 40% of those polled in the USA consider Noah's Ark to be an historical event!

What's wrong with our schools???????

I shudder at the willful ignorance....

• 4 years agoReport

Easier to believe one thing then to learn about many

Only an idiot would think it actually happened?

- There are a lot of idiots out there.

We don't have all the facts. I notice that the best you can come up with is an appeal to ridicule. You'll have to do much better than that, pard.

Well because you are right ''only an idiot would think it happened''..

Atheist.

• grnlow

As we have seen countless tines in life, a true idiot is the one who denies things before ever understanding on thing about it.

Only an idiot would try to debunk things they know nothing about.

• Chris
      4 years agoReport

Oh? Do go on.

Elucidate ye! Elucidate ye!

As you said, only an idiot thinks it actually happened and the world is full of idiots.

Some people are stubborn and refuse to change their ways. They rather believe in a lie they know is a lie then changing.