Mom keeps bringing up that she'll kick me out everytime we argue?

My mom and I have a great relationship as mother and daughter, but when I do something really bad like yell at her when she doesn't listen to what I have to say when I do something. She always talks about kicking me out of I have a problem with her. I'm 16, can she do this? And when she says it, I know she means it. I get very fearful inside.

• Gert
    Favorite Answer

No, she can't kick you out. That would be child abandonment and child endangerment.

Do you have a dad that you feel comfortable talking to? Talk to him about it. Or maybe a teacher or someone at school.

stop yelling at her and then you wont have to worry about it. if she was serious about kicking you out, you wouldve been gone by now, apologizing might help too

Not always

Source(s): Mothers sometimes try to show their anger and bluster over their children! Try to not argue much, age between 15-19 of teenagers is hard and have problems. But you can win it by just trying to not get deep in arguments or whatever.
  • Rocky

Yes she can disown you.