Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 years ago

Would Tom Parker Bowles likely have gotten his own cooking show if he had no royal connections? Does his talent stand on its own merit?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

As Anon suggests, IF there was any question of 'royal connections', I'd expect it wouldn't be a plus!!! If comments here are anything to go by.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

He can't help who his parents are. If the Duchess is as universally despised as some like to make out, it would be surprising he was offered any job at all. And yet he was. He will stand or fall by his ratings.

Interesting that he is a hit in Australia, but I doubt he would fare as well in the UK owing to the old adage that too many cooks ... have their own tv show.

• 6 years ago

probably. i always thought he was very good on 'market kitchen'.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.