Ean asked in TravelAir Travel · 5 years ago

Worst airplane crashes?

• K
    Favorite Answer

I believe the disaster at Tenerife holds the all-time record. I still feel sorry for the air traffic controllers, who unfairly copped some of the blame for that, while in reality it was the fault of the egotistical jerkas$ at the controls of the KLM flight.

The Japan Airlines tragedy was the worst single-air accident.

• Kuba

Worst airplane crashes took place on September 11, 2011, where two separate planes, a Boeing 767 and Boeing 757 crashed into the two towers of the World Trade Center, resulting in total collapse of both buildings.

The worst accident involving commercial airliners was the Tenerife disaster on March 27, 1977, where a Boeing 747 crashed into another 747 while attempting to takeoff.

Worst one was Pan Am and KLM when there was a collision at Tenerife involving 2 747 aircraft. Worst single airline crash was Japan Airlines flight 123 when around 520 people died.

Any plane crash is pretty shitty.

I survived a plane crash in the 80's. It's like sitting in a chair and dropping 100 feet. It shattered my legs and pelvis. Then the fire. Yes, the fire! I wore my Nike tracksuit my mum bought me for my birthday and it melted to my skin.

Watch Air Crash Investigation and find out for yourself

• TedEx