john asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 4 years ago

Sell my old tv on eBay?

I don't know anybody in real life (and I'm not going to be murdered by some nut from Craigslist) to sell my old TV to. It's a Samsung TV from 2011 (model #ln40d610). I can't even find one online to compare prices and I don't remember what I even paid. Probably $600-$700 range. How much is it worth now? It's adult used/owned and in really good shape. Anyone know approximately?

• Flower
    Favorite Answer

No one is going to pay the cost of shipping an analog TV. Is it a flat panel TV? I would rather donate it to a charity or give it away on Craigslist in Free Stuff. You can meet the person outside of your home somewhere or drop it off.

Nobody is going to buy a 4 year old TV on ebay for more than $50. Add in the sellers fees and the shipping cost of shipping a TV (about $150-250) and you lose money

You can sell on Craigslist but don't give your home address. Meet in a public well lit area like the street in front of the police station or a grocery store parking lot or other place with lots of people around, meet during the day and take cash

• john4 years agoReport

I don't agree. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want a new/second TV that can't afford a new one and would pay up to half of what this one cost me. I've found similar listings online and one is $550.

• Alan

$200 or less. You can buy a new entry level 40" set for the low $200 price point, which ill have a warranty.

Plus shipping costs and liability will kill the deal. Shipping a set of that size isn't recommended.

So you are stuck with local sale at a low price. Just for reference, I recently sold a 37" Vizio 1080P set for $150 in perfect working condition that was much newer.

• john4 years agoReport

I think the brand (Samsung) makes it worth a little more. The entry level are cheap/off brands.