Baseball - Did I make the right call?

Question for Cheatah, Dawgdays, and anyone else familiar with baseball rules. A few years ago I was umpiring a High School JV game. Bases loaded - forgot how many outs but it was less than 2. I was the base umpire in C position (behind the mound on the 3rd base side). Batter hit a ground ball to short. The SS... show more Question for Cheatah, Dawgdays, and anyone else familiar with baseball rules.

A few years ago I was umpiring a High School JV game.
Bases loaded - forgot how many outs but it was less than 2.
I was the base umpire in C position (behind the mound on the 3rd base side).

Batter hit a ground ball to short. The SS charges and R2 hesitates to give him space to field the ball. The ball takes a bad hop and bounces past SS, then R2 breaks for 3rd and the short stop's momentum carries him into the baseline causing a collision with the runner AFTER the ball had bounced past him. I shouted "That's obstruction" as soon as the collision occurred.

R2 stumbled but regained his balance, reached 3rd easily and rounded the base to head for home. Left fielder fires the ball home. Its a close play at the plate and the plate umpire calls him out.

I called time, "no, I have obstruction on the runner, He is awarded home"

The defense was obviously upset. Not only did my call cancel and out and turn it into a run, but they thought the SS was still in the act of fielding and it should have been interference not obstruction. But in my judgement the ball had already past the SS. The play at the plate was also close enough that without the collision slowing him down the runner would likely have been safe.

Do you think I made the right call or did I blow it?