Is getting a BBA and an MBA redundant?

I wanna major in business but I have heard that B schools prefer that students don't have a BBA but a different bachelors degree because of the redundancy. But I am not sure what I would major in if not business. I am going to be a freshman in august.

• Prof
    Favorite Answer

Yes it is redundant because most courses taught for the BBA are also taught in MBA programs. MBA graduates are preferred if they have a broad education. MBA programs accept students from any undergraduate field. They prefer students who do not have a business major because there is too much duplication between undergraduate business classes and MBA classes, and it leaves students with a narrow focus. Businesses hiring MBA graduates want students who can understand and communicate with the scientists and engineers that they have to manage. The best majors are STEM majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), but other majors are acceptable. Any field can use good management.

MBA programs prefer students with 2-5 years of work experience after your first degree. To enroll in an MBA program without work experience is usually a waste of time and money. You are less attractive as a job candidate than someone with an undergraduate business degree because they have a major in a relevant field, and you are less attractive in your undergraduate field because you have been out of it for two years and are obsolete and in competition with more attractive new graduates.

BBA and MBA is good option and having good scope. It is not necessary that you need to do BBA first in order to go for MBA. You can pursue MBA after any graduation. So, choose a graduation course according to your interest area and pursue it from good universities like: DU, PU, Lovely Professional University, PEC.... etc which are good in education quality and infrastructure...

no, a MBA is more specialized in the same category.