HELP! any ideas how i can come up with a down payment for a house fast?

Update: i really need some advice to come up with a down payment for a house. The bank wont approve us unless we have 20% down so we are looking at like a $12,000 down payment. we both work .I also attend college and would like to have a home to foster kids in. however its hard to save up that much money when you have rent... show more i really need some advice to come up with a down payment for a house. The bank wont approve us unless we have 20% down so we are looking at like a $12,000 down payment. we both work .I also attend college and would like to have a home to foster kids in. however its hard to save up that much money when you have rent and bills. Also first time home buyers doesn't have any funding s and hasn t had any for about 2 years.I have been trying to sell all the stuff i don't use. any other tips ?