Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 4 years ago

Do you think Justin Bieber will ever be in the same legacy and greatness as Elvis Presley or Frank Sinatra?

Go the 40s and frank was just a guy that was loved by teen girls, go with the 50s and Elvis was also love by teen girls.

So why do people called Frank and elvis gods when they as well had screaming girls? .

• Alex
    Favorite Answer

Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley didn't had childish voices. Their voices sounded like men. Their voices were not too high for a mature listener to listen to.

Yes, Elvis and Frank had teen girls back in the day but that was something different. It was something different and fresh. Frank Sinatra was the first teen idol. Frank Sinatra voice wasn't very high or didn't sound like a kid.

As for Elvis, Elvis sang and played Rock and Roll music. Rock and Roll was known as a bad influence back in the 50s. Many adults actually thought the genre would have a bad influence over the kids. Rock and Roll was louder than most of the mainstream genres at that time in the 50s.

Justin Bieber in the other hand is just another Pop singer. He didn't sang nothing new. I mean, Frank Sinatra didn't sang nothing new either but his voice is really up there. People want adults to sound like adults. They don't want adults to sound like kids. Men wouldn't find Frank Sinatra to be childish but they would easily find Bieber because of his high voice.

Elvis in the other has a baritone voice and his music was something different in it's time. Also, I heard that some delinquents liked Elvis music back in the 50s because it was louder and heavier than most of the mainstream stuff in that time.

People hated Frank Sinatra in the 40s and Elvis Presley in the 50s. However, Frank Sinatra kept a long legacy because his teen audience grow with him and his voice and face was considered really mature a decade later in the 50s. In fact, I was hearing a Elvis vs Frank thing and a Elvis teen fan girl said that Frank Sinatra is only a old man. Frank Sinatra was probably the most popular singer in the mid-late 40s and by the early 50s he had his own television show. His face and his voice was really mature in the 50s. Although, his voice was mature when he started. Frank Sinatra was something new and fresh because he was the first teen idol in music. Guys like Louis Armstrong and Paul Whiteman didn't had teen girls screaming at their music. Frank Sinatra was the first in music that actually had teen girls screaming at him. Then followed Elvis in the 50s and then The Beatles in the 60s.

Elvis was the first rockstar ever. Elvis was the guy who made rock and roll music to the mainstream. Elvis music wasn't really pop and it actually requires instruments and stuff. Elvis was also something fresh and new of course. The way how he shake and move his body surprised many people at the time. People thought it was inappropriate. Heck, Frank Sinatra hated Elvis and Rock and Roll music in the 50s. However, their friendship kind of grow in the following decade with Elvis and Sinatra performing together in 1960. Elvis and Frank were something new, Frank Sinatra was the first teen idol in music and Elvis was the first mainstream rock artist who brought the genre into the mainstream and made America and the worldwide world to listen to it.

Justin Bieber in the other hand will never have that type of legacy as Elvis and Frank's because he did nothing new to the music industry, his music is commercial pop music and his voice doesn't sound mature or manly. Just how many people actually remembers New Kids On The Block. They were a popular boy band from the 80s and new generation of people don't know who the heck are they. The new generation of people actually knows who is Elvis and also Sinatra. Most don't listen to it because they know those are old artists that aren't alive anymore. 20-30 years from now, the new generation of people are not going to know who Justin Bieber was because he did nothing new and was just another pop singer. I don't think Justin will never be up there with Elvis and Sinatra. Never.

• Ryan

I agree that people like Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra were pretty much the equivalency of a modern Top 40 artist; both of them usually didn't write any of their music/lyrics, and were practically just performers, rather than artists. However, there is a reason of why Justin Bieber will never be recognized as an important artist, in the same way that they were. Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra are recognized as performers that did important things. Elvis Presley was recognized as one of the first rockstars, while Frank Sinatra was recognized as an important crooner. They also both had unique and unforgettable voices that surely add on to the legacy. Justin Bieber is just recognized as another pop artist that does stupid crap for attention, and has a career based off of making annoying and monotonous electropop songs about partying and love. This is what separates them. Elvis and Sinatra both had MUCH better quality in their performance, and their legacy actually is somewhat deserved.

That's a good question to ask. In my opinion, I don't think Justin Bieber will have nearly the same legacy as Presley or Sinatra. Bieber's music, personality, and stage presence aren't distinct or interesting enough to make any lasting impact. If you look over his career so far, he hasn't really offered anything new or original to the realm of pop music. Simply being a "teen idol" isn't enough. Bieber is the type of music artist whom people tend to "grow out of" as they get older, whereas people who like Sinatra and Presley usually continue to like them throughout their adulthood.

I bet that in 30 or 40 years, Bieber will be nothing more than just a footnote on 2010s pop music.

• Tony B

Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley came from an era when it was VERY unusual for a successful singer to write their own material. Sinatra was rated as a singer because of the quality of his voice, his phrasing and his ability to interpret a song. Frankly (sorry for the pun) his type of music wasn't to my taste but without doubt he was VERY popular, well-respected and influential right up until his death. He was one of the first "superstars".

Elvis Presley was a totally different kind of singer but could be described in the same way as Sinatra. Added to that is the fact that few people had heard anything remotely like Presley's first few records. Again, he was popular until he died and was another "superstar".

I was never aware of Sinatra and Presley having lots of teenage girls scream at them but to have that happen doesn't diminish a person's ability or stature. The majority of people who appreciated Sinatra and Presley certainly weren't teenage girls!

I'm afraid that I'd heard the name "Justin Bieber" but couldn't remember actually hearing any of his records, so I Googled him and watched a few videos. He's really just a kid so it's impossible to say how his carreer might progress but, to me, he's just another "ten-a-penny" pop singer. I couldn't see anything magical or special about him. I'd be very surprised if any mature person who was REALLY interested in music liked Justin Bieber! It's just throwaway pop music.

The thing is, I'm not really keen on either Sinatra or Presley (or Buddy Holly or Chuck Berry etc.) possibly because I'm too young to have been there when they first "made it". I was more into the people who were influenced by them But the fact that people still talk about them to day, and that they are still popular, proves they were sonething really special.

No. Justin Bieber is rude and not that different than the other pop singers. And a lot of people who love him end up hating him

Nope, I think Justin Bieber is going to be that washed up "rock star". He'll have lost his popularity until one day he does something stupid and gets arrested. Besides, the difference between Elvis and Bieber is huge. Think of the age group of Bieber's fans compared to Elvis's. Justin's fans are mostly young middle school aged girls, whereas Elvis's fans are composed of all ages and genders.

• Cesar

Yes! Justine will leave a legacy for having the best butt among all singers combined.

Justin Bieber was never much and now he's even less LOL

• Claire

I'm kinda thinking everyone will remember him 50 years from now, but they'll think of him as a bad person

Elvis/Frank sang to teenagers