Evan
Evan asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 5 years ago

What does no danger mate m ean? Only fellow brits answer pls?

Alright so I from Birmingham, England and the other day, I heard this group of blokes having a conversation, and one of them got offended by the other and then apologised and the other said no danger mate, I was like alright, I think he meant no problem mate, if I'm correct, I haven't heard that before, is it a new thing going around in the UK or what?

Favorite Answer

Easy, "no danger, mate" means no threat, I aint interested/bothered/not going to do anything/ not going to take your girlfriend.

He didn't mean a threat, anything aggressive or anything nasty by what he said. It was the aftermath of what should have been said "no offence"

It isn't typically English to say that but neither is "no worries" Both are Australian as far as I know however, expressions seem to transmigrate from the US and Down Under in particular

It has been around for years.

• Evan
      5 years agoReport

yesterday was my first time m8, and it confused me:/