? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 years ago

How can I change the settings when I save a screen shot.?

When using Windows 8.1, I press and hold CTRL+PRNT/SCR and a link is sent to my Drop Box. I'd like to be able to copy the image into my clipboard and paste it onto Paint.

Favorite Answer

Two Ways.

Just hit Print Screen Key

Then open Paint and paste it.

OR

Windows 7 and 8 both have the Snipping Tool. Just search for it and PIN it to the Task Bar. (right click)

The Snipping tool works like a camera. you draw a box around the item you want and release the mouse and a window opens with the snap shot. you save it where you want then you can open it in Paint.

It is saved as a PNG or JPG - your choice.

I have tried to paste a screen shot into paste but the image remains white and when I try to close it, I'm prompted to save my screen shot ??? I used to do just that and preferred using Paint that way but now I have a link going to my Drop Box with the whole page that I need to edit but I'd rather not have 2 copies of the same thing.

I'm thinking it might be a Drop Box issue that I need to change

• Ron75

Have you looked at the Edit Menu in Paint to see that it doesn't have the option to paste darkened so you can use it?

Ron