How Much Would A Student Visa Cost All Fee's Inclusive ?

Ok So It's 7/8/2015 , I Planned On Moving To West Palm In The Summer Of Next Year To Live With My Cousin And Attend School There. I Can't Get A Green Card Cause It's Expensive A'f But A Student Visa Should Do The Trick , I Live In The Bahamas(Citizen) And I Just Need To Know Like A Straight Up Price For It With All The Fee's Included . Would Be Much Appreciated If You Help :D , Thanks ! ♂

Favorite Answer

Student

Short term, non immigrant visa

F1 visa, from an accredited school, to get this as a rule of thumb, you have to show that you have means to cover the cost of tuition and other living expenses, so around $10K on top of tuition per year at the very least. This can be from having cash in the bank, loans etc.

This visa doesn't allow you to work whilst studying for the first semester of the course (6 months), and then after that, only for 20 hours a week on campus.

Student visas (F) are non-immigrant AFTER THE COURSE YOU GO HOME

• Derriko5 years agoReport

Thanks .. Forgot To Mention I'm Going For Highschool And Not College(Grade11)

Not sure what exactly the visa costs, but studying in the United States as an international student will cost you between $25,000 and $64,000 per year in tuition and associated costs alone. So don't worry about the cost of the F-1, worry about the $100,000 or more you'll need to go to school!

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Rivera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
    • Derriko5 years agoReport

First, you must be accepted by a US university, confirm acceptance (usually by paying deposit or first term's tuition), and get an I-20 form from the school. To apply for student visa, you must prove you have sufficient funds for all school + living expenses, plus return transportation to your country of citizenship.

Average cost of 4-year bachelor's degree in the US for Americans is USD250,000. Foreign students always have expenses citizens do not incur. You'll need at least $50,000/year for schooling in US, & you must prove you & your parents have the money. Student visas strictly prohibit working by foreign students. You & your parents need cash or liquid assets to pay for school. The cost of applying for a visa is very minor since you need a great deal of money to pay for school. If you're worried about the cost of a visa, you have no chance of getting one!

Student visas are temporary NON-immigration class of visas issued on the condition that foreign students return to their country of citizenship immediately upon completion or termination of studies. You are not "moving" to US.

And staying with a cousin is a bad idea. Having relatives in the US, especially relatives who cannot petition for your immigration, constitutes "ties" to US & indicate high probabilities of intent to remain, visa overstays & other visa violations, immigrant intent. You're more likely to be denied a visa if you think you're joining some relative.

• Derriko5 years agoReport