Flat tire?

My older Accord gets a flat tire after a 2 to 3 days on the front passanger side. I see no leaks after doing the "soapy bubble" test.

I've noticed my suspension has felt a bit soft lately too. Other than perhaps a small leak, a bad valve stem....could a bad suspension being causing too much weight on the front passenger tire causing it to slowly leak? Any ideas?

• Tony

The best way to find a leak on a tire is to submerge it in a tub of water. Best place for that is at a tire shop. There's Les Schwab in my area. I would suggest you take the car there and ask them to look for the leak. They'll find it.

Also, it's possible the low tire pressure may make it feel like you have suspension issues. Les Schwab (or your local tire shop) can address that issue too. Likely for free.

• Dan H

You bad suspension can cause premature and abnormal wear on a tire, but unlikely a leak.

The leak is coming from the tire, the valve stem or the rim itself. Keep looking.

If you have alloy wheels they can go porus with age and slowly leak. If so a wheel refurbished is the only real solution.

• John

Not lately