Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 years ago

Why does my girlfriend want me to go to bed the same time as her?

I've been living with my girlfriend for a little over a month and I find it difficult that she wants me to go to bed the same time as her.

I really don't like it because i've always liked staying up late at night and having peace and quiet time to myself just browsing the web or watching tv. I've started just laying in bed with her until she falls asleep and then getting back up but if she wakes up and notices i'm not there she gets all upset.

What do you suggest I do?

I'm not chatting with anyone, i'm just a person that needs time to myself to unwind.

You need to set some boundaries with her. I can understand because I like some time alone too. Tell her you won't be coming to bed the same time as her every night because you are your own person and you need time to yourself. Maybe make a few nights a week where you do and some other nights where you don't.

Probably thinks you are chatting with other girls online

just tell her that you want to relax and have time for yourself,if she doesn't understand put sleeping pill in her drink and she will sleep like a bear