Bahston asked in SportsBasketball · 5 years ago

Rajon Rondo or Isiah Thomas?

Whos better?

Celtics have IT coming off the bench, but he was runner up for 6th MOY i believe.

Keep in mind people were saying rondo was a top 3 PG in the league up until he got injured.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Here are the facts and you can make your own decision: Rajon Rondo is a better defensive player and playmaker/passer than Isaiah Thomas; however Isaiah Thomas is a much better scorer and free throw shooter than Rondo. Rondo has been considered overrated and overpaid by many, however it is considered that Thomas is a better valued player and therefore considered more valuable to teams than Rondo because of his potential to become even better.

• 5 years ago

Who was saying Rondo was a top three PG? Yeah, they didn't know much, if that's the case.

It's a really hard question, though, because Rondo's such a system player. In the right system that best fits him, he's a gem. But he's not going to fit in all systems, because he can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands.

Thomas is a better scorer, but smaller. So really it's less a matter of better so much as different. Isaiah (calling him Isiah made me think of the great Pistons' floor general :P) is also cheaper.

• 5 years ago

The Isiah Thomas you ask about is the retired Piston PG. Isaiah Thomas is not as good as Rajon Rondo.

• 5 years ago

Rondo was the best Point Guard in the leauge before he tore his ACL...he made CP3 look like a clown next to him. People call Lebron James "The Walking Triple Double" but guess who had more in pretty much every season until the injury? Yes, Rondo.

Thomas is a great scorer and underrated playmaker, he can score from anywhere on the court and get to the free throw line...stats wise he should have easily won 6th Man of the Year, he had the most PPG, APG, Field Goal Percentage and most 4th Quarter Points of any bench player. At the moment he is better than Rondo but give me the Rondo from 2012 and he dunks on the CP3s, Roses and Currys of today.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Before the injuries Rajon Rondo.

• 5 years ago

Before the injuries, Rondo without question. As of the last season or two, Isaiah Thomas has been playing better.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Isiah Thomas the young and celtics one he's so much better than rondo he's my favorite player.

• 5 years ago

In their primes: Rondo. Right now: Thomas. But Rondo has the potential to be better than him again. The talent is there, he just to stay healthy get a better attitude.

• 5 years ago

Rondo. Read NBA updates at dafasports.com

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Isiah. John Wall is closer to Thomas's skill set though. Not sure where you got your comparison.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.