Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 5 years ago

Proof that Windows 7 is better than Windows 8?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

depends on the user if you are an old windows user 7 is easier for you and windows 7 is better for laptops cause 8 is better for touch devices but 8.1 is better than 8 and it is better for laptops than 8 cause Microsoft added more abilities for laptop and non touch devices but in windows 10 the start menu is back but you can have the 8 style start screen also if you like that more than the old start menu hope it helps

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

there is no definitive technical proof that windows 7 is better. most people prefer it because they dislike the graphical layout of windows 8 but that's it. luckily, if you have windows 8 or are considering buying it and don't like the user interface, you can install classic shell. it gives windows 8 a feel extremely similar to windows 7 with movable desktop icons, a start bar and everything.

Windows 8 is a superior OS because it has better hardware management which means better performance for programs.

I am an avid gamer and I seek to get the best frames per second out of my games. this gives me a smooth experience with little video chopping and stuttering which can make the game experience very bad.

I went from a laptop with windows 7 professional on it to the same laptop with windows 8 and saw an improvement of around 10 frames per second more on windows 8 compared to windows 7 (this is an average measurement of 15 games, some did better some did not).

if you fix the biggest gripe of windows 8 which is the user interface, there is no reason to go for windows 7 over windows 8 other than some extremely detailed program compatibility which i seriously doubt will be an issue since windows 7 and 8 are highly compatible.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Unfortunately, your comments do not help, at all. I wish you had used correct punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. Your run on sentence, including all those but's, makes little sense. ( A sentence should be able to be read in one breath between punctuation marks. With yours, a person would pass out from lack of oxygen.) If you want to be thought of as intelligent, you must be able to communicate well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.