What's a confederate flag?

So I've been seeing a lot lately about confederate flags but I have no idea what the big deal is. (Guess I didn't pay enough attention in school). Could some please give me an unbiased answer for why its so controversial?

Thanks guys for answering. And to E. ignorance ≠ trolling

• ?
    Best Answer

It was the flag of a treasonous rebellion against the USA in the 1860s by a bunch of rich slaveowners who wanted to preserve slavery.

There was a big civil war. They lost. The USA won. Slavery was abolished.

Ever since then, a bunch of racist terrorist groups like the Ku Klux Klan have used the flag as their symbol. It stands for slavery, racism, murder, torture, rape, and racial discrimination. People who fly the flag want to back to the bad old days when black people were enslaved or treated as second-class citizens. It's evil.

• xyzzy

Actually I have not heard anyone say anything about any Confederate National Flag. Some people seem upset about the battle flag of the Army of Tennessee and/or the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, Most people would not recognize a Confederate Flag if they saw one, And they are seldom seen.

A flag inbred pigskinned trailerjockey monkeys use because they miss the racist ways of the south that flag resembles southern states that wanted to leave the US so they can continue to fingerf**ck their sisters and flick lice at eachother while hiding from blacks in *** sheeted sheets.

Read the news and stop trolling.