Russia and EU?

Do you see any improvement in relations between the EU and Russia in future? Or the deadlock over Ukraine crises may continue for a while?

Favorite Answer

For Russia there is no reason to improve relation between the whole EU and Russia while EU is under USA control at all. It is better to talk to master, not to faithful servant. Russia improves relations with those European countries which have any minimal independence to act independently yet. Sorry for tautology.

About Ukraine crisis. EU and USA made everything to fire this crisis. So, Russia does not need to do something special to stop this crisis. The only thing Russia needs is to stop Junta which is killing Russians in Donbass and Lugansk. So, the ball is on EU's side. EU must force Junta to fulfill the Minsk peace agreements on Ukraine.

• Ad

Russia and the EU continue to disagree and boycot some things .... but at the same time, Russian gas flows West in huge quantities. A typical 'can't live with them, can't live without them' situation!

The Ujkrainean issue is a big part of the problem, the shooing down of that passenger aircraft (with a Russian BUK rocket .... or was it? Russia claims it wasn't THEIR rocket ...) is also an issue (the Netherlands wants those responsible arrested and handed over).

I don't see any major disagreements between Russia and the EU. In fact, I think there are basically none. We're too dependent on each other to even let sanctions have their intended effects. And how in the world could you sanction Russia?

I don't know if it's only a rumor, but allegedly, Putin once said, referring to the war in Ukraine: "If I wanted, I could be in Kiew in two week's time." -- I'm willing to believe that.

I like your formulation of the question, where key word "and". AND! That was togother for centuries, can't be destroyed for 1 moment without aftermath. Who want aftermath? Russia? I sure - no, Russia don't want aftermath. EU? I can't to say for them. Need ask them directly. If they don't want aftermath too, then we can to live in peace, we - Russia and EU, where isn't place for USA.

• Lísa

Russia has a chance to improve relations. All they have to do is take their armies out of Ukraine and treat all it's citizens as equals..........Also giving the press some actual liberties and tacking their HUGE corruption would also help.

• K2010

not while Putin in power, I don't see any improvement. Because while he is in power, Russia is an country aggressor, and Crimea is the occupied territory. Re:PACE resolution.