Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 years ago

Does anyone know anything about dog bloodwork?

I had my dog spayed today and we got the pre surgical bloodwork. The vet said everything looked fine when I asked, but when I reviewed the paper, she had some values marked as abnormal. Can anyone tell me anything? I understand there may not be any vets on here, but some people have knowledge. I will call my vet whenever possible.

• CDog
    Favorite Answer

Your dog's values aren't far enough off to be concerned. That's why your vet wasn't concerned. Individuals can vary from the norm without having disease. The good news is, you have a baseline on your dog and can check for changes in the future.

LYM stands for lymphocytes, white blood cells produced by the immune system to fight disease. Higher than normal levels *can* indicate infections, autoimmune disorders that cause chronic inflammation and even cancer, but again, your dog's arent that off.

LY% indicates the number of cells that provide immunity in the blood.

GR% Is the percentage of granulocytes which are mostly neutrophils (another type of white blood cell, which is most lethal to bacteria). Granulocytes can vary within individuals, even on the same day.

Here are the results...