what does he mean?? help!?

ok so I met this guy (we'll call him jj) at the beginning of the shook year. We talked some in class (we had math an science together) and we got a BIT closer. but like sibling like sort of if that makes any sense. Like we had nicknames but all my friends and i have nicknames. we never texted and I don't even know his insta/snapchat/facebook/Etc., and on the last day of school i was with my friends at lunch and he came up to me with his friend and his friend said "Just do it its the last day of school!" And then 'jj' said "Would you go out with me?" and I thought he was joking so I just laughed and the whole proximity became awkward and then I realized... this infact was not a joke and then i just said "Oh I thought you were joking. Uhm i like someone else" and then he walked away. I feel bad for him but like I don't know what to do. I think I might like him but I don't know if im just saying that to myself or if i actually do. I mean I've been thinking about it alot but that could mean anything right? could someone please give me some advice?!?

Favorite Answer

It means that he likes you and wants to be in a relationship with you. You said you think you like him? You do not sounds sure, but maybe you have some hidden feelings for him? I know that some girls defensively say " I like someone else", or " I have a boyfriend" when a guy asks them out and its ok, you were caught off guard and he surprised you. I think it was hard for him to ask you out to begin with and the fact that you were with your friends makes it harder. Since you laughed at him , I think he may be embarrassed a little bit. Back to your question, if you like him even a bit, you should go for it, i mean, what have you got to lose?