What does the confederate flag really mean?

I see it on the news a LOT lately but all I can find is the history of the flag and I have too much stuff to study to read all that info (Student work comes first to me) but, what does it really, and for ****'s sake don't go around with, "to the south" or "to the north" idc about that, I want the meaning in general. can't take any sides without knowing what this is all about :P

Favorite Answer

The confederate represents Americas old government, the state rules. And yes i have to mention the north and south because this flag was the cause of the civil war ( not the REAL cause). The southerns hung this flag, supporting slavery,state rule, everything our government and society isn't today.

The big deal, simplified is, that as a county we have over come so much since those times and why hold on to something we changed over 200 years ago that represents everything were supposed to be against.

It means I just made a bunch of money! Check out eBay. Prices for confederate flags have skyrocketed. All this recent attention is just a way to manipulate the market. As soon as they started making noise about the flag, I bought a bunch of them real cheap. So far I've sold half of what I bought, but I have made more than 10 times the money I spent.

I wonder why no big deal about Rhodesian flags. Should I buy a supply of those while they're still cheap?