What does the confederate flag really mean?

I see it on the news a LOT lately but all I can find is the history of the flag and I have too much stuff to study to read all that info (Student work comes first to me) but, what does it really, and for ****'s sake don't go around with, "to the south" or "to the north" idc about that, I want the meaning in general. can't take any sides without knowing what this is all about :P

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The confederate represents Americas old government, the state rules. And yes i have to mention the north and south because this flag was the cause of the civil war ( not the REAL cause). The southerns hung this flag, supporting slavery,state rule, everything our government and society isn't today.

The big deal, simplified is, that as a county we have over come so much since those times and why hold on to something we changed over 200 years ago that represents everything were supposed to be against.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

It means I just made a bunch of money! Check out eBay. Prices for confederate flags have skyrocketed. All this recent attention is just a way to manipulate the market. As soon as they started making noise about the flag, I bought a bunch of them real cheap. So far I've sold half of what I bought, but I have made more than 10 times the money I spent.

I wonder why no big deal about Rhodesian flags. Should I buy a supply of those while they're still cheap?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.