Sherry
Sherry asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 years ago

CONFEDERATE FLAG?

Do you think the confederate flag should be removed?

I live in the south, and even today, if Black people see a confederate flag on display then we don't go in that territory.

• Dan H
    Best Answer

It would be a violation of the free speech clause of the constitution to require a citizen to remove the flag. Anyone can fly a Nazi flag in America, but no government institution in this country does.

However, neither flag belongs at a government institution.

• Rob
      4 years agoReport

There is one case that would be up for debate on official government memorials for the war and on confederate graveyards owned by the state and feds. Those places would be appropriate to fly confederate flags on public property

There is no connection with racism with the Confederate Flags (plural) being during the Civil War the Confederate States had three flags. The first flag looked so much like the Union's Flag (Old Glory) that the Confederates were criticized for it which today Alabama's State Flag is modeled after. Even the more well known Stainless Banner Flag has no ties with racism it was modeled after the British Flag the "X" representing the cross of St. Andrew and the stars representing the Confederate States including Kentucky and Missouri which never officially succeeded from the Union.

The issue people have with the Confederate Flags is really about burying history.

It shouldn't be removed.

It is a piece of history and of this country. If you complain about racism or treason then why do you support the US flag in general?

Removing it from official display on public property is different than completely banning it.

But you do have a valid point as it would be a good indicator of the opinions of the people in an area and whether you would be safe.

It's a good indication of individuals and businesses with low moral character.

I'd like to see it go, but I live in the North. It's up to the people that live in the states. I'd hope they'd agree with me, but then again I don't have to go there.

From a space of the US Government? Yes.

It's not hurting anything. Just leave it be

• Sherry
      4 years agoReport

That's the same way they felt in NAZI GERMANY

It should be flown alongside its twin, the flag of ISIL.

They both stand for exactly the same things: slavery, savage brutality against minorities, sexual slavery for women and girls, ignorance, hatred, and Death to America!

• Sherry

No I don't live in a trailer swampboy, or the projects, nor am I on crack or homeless