Why are we destroying our history?

First, we wanted to get rid of God in the Pledge of Alliengence, and now it's the Confederate Flag. And soon, there going to want to tear down everything to do with slavery and religion. Why are people doing this?! Is it to get attention from the press? I have no clue and it's getting me made. I am from the South and I am about the get my guns out at this point( just kidding).

Favorite Answer

In my opinion I think now a days its all about being overally politically correct. Everyone is so worried about ofending another. Actually the confederate flag as you know today with the cross was the battle flag for the confederacy. The confederacy only every had two offically flags. 1 was called the stars and bars, but due to its similarity to the norths flag they canged it to the second flag wich looked to much like the flag of surrender. Thus they then changed it to the officall confedrate flag 3, with looked similar to the flag of surrender except it had a red stripe on the end verically to make sure it was not mistaken any longer for a surender. The confederate flag that is popular today is no more then a flag of battle. Its not even an officall confederacy flag.

Source(s): History Major
    • keira5 years agoReport

How are we suposed to teach our children a qay to learn from our story if we are so asshamed and politically correct we hide it away?

Although I see no harm in the confederate flag personally, I do respect the fact that it stood for an immoral way of life when flown for country so I'm of the mind to not care that it's being taken down on states property as we don't need to intentionally offend those who fought against it albeit historical. That said, I do think the emblem itself is justified as being a historical piece being reserved for private and museum use.

God was added to the pledge in 1954. The original pledge was written in 1892.

• Mo

Times change.....these things are out of date ....do you want to be reminded of slavery? Need to come up to date. Mo

• Andrew5 years agoReport

Being reminded of slavery will help our future generations no it's wrong if we remove slavery from history, it can happen again. On the other hand, if we keep our past alive it is garrented it will not happen again.

• Edward

The gutless are bowing to the PC loons.

LIBERALS, TAKE YOUR HANDS OF THE HISTORY!!!