My mom hates me talking.?

I'm a Talkative person. Im quiet around strangers but talkative at home. Whenever I have a issue I talk about it a lot. It makes me feel better. My mom told me once we going on vacation I should not talk at all. Not about my problems or about anything. My friend told me that talking will help me speak better. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Talking about problems and issues is important and healthy. But of course talking about them too much can overwhelm other people who have their own things to think about. If you talk too much, it starts to feel like mind control to other people; like as if you are taking over their brain and not allowing them to think or do anything else. In addition, if you think about issues TOO much you are probably "ruminating" too much. Once in a while you have to shut down those concerns, worries, and so forth and just enjoy what is happening right now. It also gives others a chance to talk. So during vacation practice focusing on what you are doing and experiencing. Focus on enjoying your time and then focus on listening to the other people you are with. When thoughts about your worries sneak in, tell yourself you'll deal with that when the time comes, right now you're having FUN. Don't ever lose the ability to talk about what is going on in your life...JUST don't let it become your life.

• ?

If you want to talk, talk! If your mum is more introverted than you, it may explain why she prefers peace and quiet. But it isn't fair for her to stifle your personality and ask you to be someone you're not. Tell her how that makes you feel.

In the meantime, if you have a problem, it's always best to talk about it - but sometimes it's best to confide in one person you trust, rather than chattering about it to the whole world! It sounds like your sister is supportive, so talk to her. Good luck!

Your mom sounds a bit irritated about things, but you can talk about your problems here if you want, I am open to all questions!

• JJWJ

Do you have a father?

If "yes", talk to your father about this.

If "no", then get used to talking less at home.

dont speak around your mom unless its important

• kim

Always do as your mother asks dear, she is wise.