What is a good destination in Europe if you want the beach and culture packed into one?

Hi, me and my girlfriend are trying to plan our vacation for this september. We are looking for a place in France, Spain or Portugal that is close to the Atlantic Ocean, but also has got some culture to offer. We were considering taking a flight to Bordeaux, citytrip for a day or 2 and then go to Lacanau to chill... show more Hi, me and my girlfriend are trying to plan our vacation for this september. We are looking for a place in France, Spain or Portugal that is close to the Atlantic Ocean, but also has got some culture to offer. We were considering taking a flight to Bordeaux, citytrip for a day or 2 and then go to Lacanau to chill for a week or so. Has anyone got experience with this formula? Or are there other cities you could recommend. Also we are lookin to go low-budget sor campings/ airbnb are definitely an option... Thanks in advance