Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 5 years ago

Good Tv shows on Netflix for teens that you have to watch the first one to understand the rest?

I ve been looking for good tv shows on Netflix and I cant find anything. I dont want anything like Family Guy or South park. I want a show/s that you have to watch the first one to understand the of the season... Help?

Favorite Answer

Vampire Diaries, or the spinoff, The Originals. You really should watch TVD to understand TO (my recommendation) but not totally required. To this point (season 6), it's going nicely. I feel that same tug at my heart that I did when Buffy was inevitably about to end, but either way, this show is always good for a little drama in your life. There's action, drama, love triangles, evil century-old hybrids, and much more that-- if you're into the paranormal --will be right up your alley. And also, the people are hella nice to look at. ;)

Lost is definitely one where you have to watch EVERY single episode. So much happens in one, it's impossible to skip ahead and know everything by the recaps that head each episode. It's long. It's confusing. It will make you want to pull your hair out. BUT, it's still an AWESOME story that keeps you thinking incessantly about what theory might make the whole situation of the island make sense.

Pretty Little Liars. It's a good show, and it centers on the five girls trying to find out who a harassing stalker is. It's not hard to miss something in this one. I'm currently addicted. Shamelessly. I like the mystery, despite I'm getting really tired of A not being revealed everytime the ABCFamily says it is. They lie. Alot. Hence, "Pretty Little Liars."

Teen Wolf is sort of the same. If you get into it, from episode 1, it's a really good show. I come and go with it. Currently I'm behind, and I'm lost as a goose on it. Time to back up a season and start over (practically).

Fringe is by JJ Abrams (LOST) so you know it's going to be the same way. It's kind of about the MIB division of the government (if I remember correctly) and ran for several seasons. Not only do you have to watch every episode, you have to watch every MINUTE to be sure you don't miss a single breath from the main characters.

Supernatural is AMAZING in my opinion. It's full of crazy paranorm, but it has an awesome storyline surrounding Sam and Dean (the Winchester Brothers) that as of late, has shown me some of the hard-to-bear periods are really paying off. It's going on 11 seasons now, so you better get to watching if you're into weekly watchings.

Doctor Who is...well, it depends on what you mean by the beginning. Doctor Who is the longest running episodic drama show on cable network today. It's been in syndication for fifty years. Go to your local Barnes and Noble and look in the DVD section for Doctor Who. There will undoubtedly be anywhere from 2-4 shelves full of episodes for your viewing pleasure. You don't have to start in 1963 with William Hartnell. You can move up a few Doctors. If you're feeling adventurous, Simon Baker and Peter Davison are two wonderful 20th century Doctors. While these are entertaining and for a good laugh at BBC's lack of wanting to invest in decent special effects, you can easily (and with highest recommendation) start with Nine, Christopher Eccleston. The storylines (in a way) are fresh and new, and it gives you footing to start on. Again, starting at Nine is recommended because of a long, drawn out storyline with a companion that will pull at your heartstrings and inevitably make you cry.

That's all I have at the moment. I'm a television hound and I watch for stories and for visual examples (I'm a communications/film major). You would think I'd know more to give you. [facepalm]

Veronica Mars, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Agents of shield, Arrow, Daredevil

American Horror Story, Teen Wolf and Orange is the New Black are my current favourites!

pretty little liars

switched at birth

the fosters

the 100

Dexter, 6 feet under, Dead like me, Arrested development to name a few.

• Prabesh5 years agoReport

6 feet under is not on netflix.

• J

arrested development, each episode builds of the previous one

sense8

BROOKLYN NINE MOTHER ******* NINE BITCHES