Why do white Americans not acknowledge Obama's white mother? Are white people really that terrified of a little melanin? Geez!?

Let me clarify this: White America treats Obama like they treat slave descendants with two black parents........like crap. I assumed white people would be more supportive of him because he's half white. I don't mean more supportive of his policies as the president (if you don't like the job he's doing, that doesn't make you a racist), I just expected white people to be a little less racist because he's 1/2 theirs..

Correction: Why do BLACK americans not acknowledge Obama's white HALF? Are black people really that terrified of a little LACK of melanin?

White folks have been talking about him being biracial from the beginning. Oh and btw being white is associated with a lack of melanin, not the other way around.

• G R

I totally recognize his Caucasian mother. I don't consider Obama the first black president either he is technically and factually the first bi-racial president. Sure he got the darker completion of his father, but he is just as much Caucasian.

***The mentality you have proven by your Update above, is why racism is carried forward and remains to exist in modern day. No Caucasian person in this day and age had anything to do with slavery back in the day, let it go. Not all Caucasian people had relatives/descendants involved or associated with slavery, again let it go. Stop playing a victim and act like you are owed something.

I would be happy to stand up for white women and say Obama is ridiculously unfair

to his own mother in public by claimimg he's a black man and from a different etnic group.

This is from Dreams from my Father. “”Yes, I’d seen weakness in other men— Gramps and his disappointments, Lolo and his compromise. But these men had become object lessons for me, men I might love but never emulate, white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.”

Obama does not fancy white society nor white laws such as those written into the Constitution. He would support a society like unto an African village where the say it takes a village to raise a child. A society without capital, electricity, toilet paper or proper shelter for other than tropical climate.

When ''President'' obama said about his grand mother really the only one that gave a bucket of warm spit about him ''she was atypical white women'' his supporters took the cue ignore those white people

Sounds like someone's projecting.

Obama identifies himself as black, not white. That is despite being 50% white. What is wrong with Obama? Why does he hate white people?

I really dont care if they do or not. Obama is vetted and a great President And I dont care what anybody says.

No idea and I don't care. Obama still sucks!

I am terrified of his rigid ideology, just like Carter's. It is dangerous in any color you order it in.