I would like some suggestions on how to get rid of stale old people smell from a bedroom. My mother moved to a home a year ago.?

Update: My mother moved to an assisted living a year ago and no matter how much Febreeze I use there seems to be a few small spots in her bedroom that still smell. Her old mattress does not smell as it was well protected. The windows have been wide open for a year but I still get a whiff now and then. Any thoughts.
Update 2: I discovering my mother used a bucket in the middle of the night to avoid getting up and apparently spilled it on the carpet once and hid it by putting a foam backed mat over the stain. When I lifted that mat for the carpet cleaner, the stink assaulted me. That mat got dumped ASAP and once the carpet was cleaned... show more I discovering my mother used a bucket in the middle of the night to avoid getting up and apparently spilled it on the carpet once and hid it by putting a foam backed mat over the stain. When I lifted that mat for the carpet cleaner, the stink assaulted me. That mat got dumped ASAP and once the carpet was cleaned and deodorized professionally, the smell was gone.