how to give him space?

We've been in a very rocky relationship. We recently broke up because i said something stupid. He says he loves but that he need stability in a relationship. But just the day before that he told me that he was willing to fight through everything. So i asked him why do you change your mind so fast gre said because I'm stressed!!. He's been going to a therapist and he tells him that it's best if our relationship end. We are broken up now but we still love each other, i want tip give him space and help him get less stressed out. He lives on his own and he's just 19 that's one of the reason why he is stressed out so much. He says that this is best for him and that he wants this. I was planing on moving in with him, my college is really close to where he is so it would have worked out. How do i help him? Or what do i do?

Favorite Answer

Space is kind of a hard thing in relationshios because you Dont know how much space they need or if your giving to much space and they interpret it as you not caring anymore. But then not enough is showing your not acknowledging their need or respecting their needed boundary. So I think the best thing would be to talk to him and tell him you understand that he is stressed and that you understamd he has a lot of responsibilities thst are weighing on him. Explain to him that you never want to be the cause of his stress. Then tell him how you feel about him. Example. I just want you to know that I love you and I realize outside factors are taking a toll on our relationship. I realize for the time we are not together and as much as that hurts me I understand how benifical this time apart may be for each of us to build a stronger relationship foundation. I will always love you and always be here for you. I'm going to step back and give you some space to work things out.

Source(s): When/if you want to try to work things out I would be more then happy to do whatever it takes to make this work. Until then just know I am here for you when you. Then.... The most important part.... STEP BACK!! Yes this is extremely hard but nothing good ever comes from the easy way out. Dont call, don't text, don't blow up fb,IG,SC, Twitter or whatever social media you to are on. Like a few posts here and there but not each one. Also check in with him every few weeks. A simple text like this should work great. " I have been thinking about you lately and hope everything is going okay. You are one of the strongest people I have ever met and know that you can get through anything that life throws at you. I'm here if you need anything." Just that. If no response its fine Dont text anything else. Until a few weeks later!! This will give him time to miss you and want to make it work
    • maria5 years agoReport

Thank yoy so much for your answer.