Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 years ago

Do you think the height difference is too much if a girl is 4'11 and a guy is 5'8?

Just wondering what other people's thoughts are... My friend thinks it's too much of a difference

I did a study on height so I hope I can help you. It's true to say that you're allowed to date anyone you like no matter what their height. Indeed, there are some very successful couples with much bigger height differences, like Hayden Panettiere and Wladimir Klitschko.

But it is a bigger height difference than average, and there are some issues that go with a relationship with a fairly big height difference. For example, if you want to kiss standing up he will have to bend down or pick you up and dancing together can take a little bit more thought.

So it depends on how much those things are an issue for both of you. But I can tell you that there are lots of things that you can do to make your height difference seem less of an issue, including with kissing, dancing etc. If this is a guy you're trying to attract then there are ways to take attention away from your height. I have loads of tips on these things if you are interested. You can mail me through here or at simon_james2205@yahoo.co.uk if you want to talk details. I'm not selling anything and I don't need to know your name or any personal details about you, I just like helping people like me who have had height issues.

I am 6'3" and I dated a girl who was 4'11" She could wear heels any time that she wanted. She would walk on the sidewalk and I would walk in the street. It really is not that bad. If the girl had 3 inch pumps on she would look more in place, if she went with platforms, it looks better, but you real friends would accept you two for who you are. Also when we were sitting, she could sit on my lap and her head would be right at my head for kissing, so that works. She could stand on a couch and be at my height. At 4'11" the weight is really low so you could pick her up anytime that you wanted. Sitting in a car make you look like your the same height. and when lying down, your both the same height. So, I dated my girl for several years, she was a great young lady. Good things do come in small packages.

Nope! 5'8 is already pretty short for a guy, and 4'11 is short for a girl. And there's nothing wrong with that. If anything you'd want to find someone taller or you could end up having really short sons who would have a tougher time at life

No not at all I think short girls are cute. My crush is 5'0. I'm 5'5 and we are both seniors in high school. It shouldn't matter what other people think. Answer my question?

Source(s): The kodsters mind

Idk if this applies but... I'm 4'11 ( I don't seem to grow) and my brother is 5'8. I personally think its cute to have a height difference. If you are talking about love its completely normal bruh.

So my answer is : it's alright.

Nah, I'm around 5'9" or 5'10" and I would have no problem dating someone 4'11".