Why do Parents opt out on sex ed?

Im no t talking about the talks they give you in Middle school, Im talking about the ones at my school by planned Parenthood, we are juniors btw. I just find it weird that parents dont want 17/18 year olds learining about safe sex. What could be reasons for this, ither than religious?

Sorry, I meant more than 5 kids parents opted out for sex ed.

• Lara
    Favorite Answer

They seem to think that by leaving their children uneducated, they won't have sex. Which is completely false and so far from the truth. There are plenty of crazy parents.

Religious or not, your child should still be educated. Education isn't going to force them or suggest them to have sex, it just leaves them prepared if they make that decision themselves.

Not parent wants to give their child the sex talk. In fact, in most homes it doesn't happen. Sex education in school is a great thing and I highly suggest it - they have proven it reduces teen pregnancy rates, whereas abstinence programs (or no programs) don't.

• ?

It is cultural and religious based choices that I do not agree with. It has been proven time and time again that educated teens make better choices than otherwise. Teens can now use YouTube and Google to self educate as to sex. It should take no more than an initial one to two hour study as to the biology of human sexual reproduction. Then, there is the psychology and the cultural aspects of sexual behavior. Not that difficult but be aware that there is just a lot of wrong information out there. Trust only medical websites and scientific information.

It's Planned Parenthood, the radical clinic that is also the nation's largest abortion provider. I'd prefer to go over the material first, and depending on the level of debauchery and degeneracy I'd opt out and/or talk to my daughters beforehand.

I educate my own daughters about consent, contraceptives, pregnancy, and legitimate research. I don't want them hearing that having multiple sex partners is fine as long as you have the IUD or that taking an innocent human life is acceptable.

Source(s): Secular parent.
  • ?

17/18 year olds should already know about safe sex. If not then they don't deserve sex education because they shouldn't reproduce. Where I live we get sex ed at 10/11 years old.

I can't truly think of any other than perhaps foolish religious choices. I agree with you. it would seem to me that they would want their kids to have sex ed classes rather than leaving them on their own to find out about sex.

Everything I know about sex I learned on the internet

• Jim

Sometimes parents want to job of educating their children in this area.