Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

Is an officer allowed to pull his gun if he feels his life is in jeopardy, or should he lay there and let thugs kill him?

Update:

Citizens judging from their couch can't decide what he felt at the time. You can say you can, but you're full of BS.

Update 2:

Tazers kill too. Plus, who wants to fumble around with that when you can just draw your .40 cal glock out and end the nonsense in a hurry.

Update 3:

At one point, several kids began jumping over the fence to get into the pool area and were causing a disturbance, Embry said, and a couple of fights broke out.

While he did not agree with the officer's profanity or belligerence, Embry said, police were right to respond.

"That's what they are supposed to do — protect us," he said. "I don't know any other way he could have taken her down or established order."

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Everyone is an armchair quarterback these days.

Apparently now officers are expected to master MMA moves so they can subdue people who want to hurt them without injuring them.

• ...Show all comments
    • ms manners
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

Yeah...that was the first thing I noticed in the video...there are two men who come up behind him and act like they are going to jump him. He drew his gun while looking at them. But for some reason people pretend like he was trying to shoot the girl in the swimsuit.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Robert
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Yes and how 'convenient' so many MSM reports edit out anything that would put that gun draw into perspective such as the two guys, one white, who were aggressively approaching from behind and the one who ran and was chased by the two cops who showed up. Gee how much of a non-issue once again would this all be if people simply OBEYED REASONABLE POLICE COMMANDS? I watched the full video; I am sure if you ask the cop NOW if he would do anything different but hindsight is always 20/20. That cop was acting within a volatile situation created by those douche bag party crashers... bottom line to prove he acted appropriately: NO ONE WAS HURT.

• Johnny
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

The whiny Libtards would have you believe that no one ever attacks the police and that the police are simply jack-booted thugs looking to hurt/kill all the nice people who are simply minding their own business. Never mind the fact that the officer was outnumbered and aware that two large males were approaching him from behind, they would have you believe they were all there to assist him in controlling the crowd and that he just went berserk and started waving his pistol at everyone.

• 5 years ago

Better to err on the side of Safety. Pull the gun, you can always put it back in the holster if it is not needed

• ...Show all comments
    • 5 years agoReport

They want cops dead, that's why. They have personally been in a lot of trouble, or have relatives that they've enabled who stay in trouble. It's sad and sickening.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Yes, if his or her life is in jeopardy. If you're asking this in response to the Texas pool party, it's hard to imagine how that officer felt his life was in jeopardy. Of course, he may be completely paranoid and think his life is always in jeopardy regardless of the circumstances. And if that is the case he has no business being a police officer.

• ...Show all comments
    • Robert
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

Look at the real video and not the 2 second MSM version: two guys came up on him from behind, the WHITE one was fumbling toward his back pocket and then ran and was chased by the two cops who arrived. He didn't even point it let alone FIRE...

• 5 years ago

Once a police officer realizes he is dealing with kneegrows, he should surrender his weapon to them and let them decide what to do.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yea, that officer in Texas really had reason to believe that teens in bikinis were a threat to his life.

• ...Show all comments
    • Robert
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

Yeah no cop was ever killed by rich, spoiled teenagers with a sense of entitlement. Try COOPERATING and not whining... or running up from behind on the cop.

• 5 years ago

If he feels threatened by an unarmed teenager in a bikini, then he should not be a cop.

• ...Show all comments
    • Robert
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

Did any of you actually WATCH the video or just winging it? Two guys, 1 white, ran up on the cop from behind... that will get you a gun draw. That was just a typical Saturday night in the barracks when I was a Navy cop.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

I am assuming this relates to the swimming-pool incident in Texas. By no stretch of any sane person's imagination was that officer's life in danger. In fact, he created the only existing danger to anyone (at least after the police arrived).

• ...Show all comments
    • Frank
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

I watched the entire video. I also heard several interviews with eyewitnesses including white eyewitnesses who told interesting story of the so-called "fight" and who claimed the officer was way out of line.

• 5 years ago

yes. for sure

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.