I have a friend from Pakistan, he wants to know everyway there is as to how to come to USA? Programs for students, visa passport etc...?


serious answers only please!

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Pick a visa

    There are basically NINE ways that you can get a visa to live and work in the US:

    (1) Marriage (or engagement in anticipation of marriage) to a US citizen.

    (2) You have skills that are in short supply in the US e.g. scientific or medical training. A degree is normally a must. Or you have superior specialist skills with at least 12 years experience. (H visas)applications next received on 1st April 2015 for an Oct start

    (3) You have an Employer who is willing to transfer you - but even the employer has to make a good case for you - so you have to be a manager unless you fall under category (2) above.(L visas)

    (4) You may get a Green card in the diversity lottery (UK citizens, except N.Ireland, are not generally eligible unless you, your spouse or parents were born abroad or held a different citizenship.

    (5)You own or buy business (does not get you permanent resident status i.e. no green card)You must be a national of a qualifying Treaty countries. The business must have a minimum value of around $150k (more the better) bearing in mind you will need somewhere to live and with any startup business you will need at least 2 years living money as back up. So a figure of $350k would be a nearer minimum (E-2 visas)

    (6)You are an "investor" i.e. you have at least US $1m in assets to bring with you. half of that in a few areas. And your background will be investigated to the hilt. (EB-5 visas)

    (7)You have a close relative (mother, father, brother, sister and no further) who is an US citizen who would sponsor you, approx time this take 2-12 years?

    (8.The R1 visa is available to foreign members of religious denominations, having bona fide non-profit religious organizations in the U.S., for entering the U.S. to carry on the activities of a minister or religious worker as a profession, occupation or vocation

    (9)THE UNUSUAL You are in a position to claim refugee status/political asylum. or You get a member of Congress to sponsor a private bill with legislation that applies just to you.

    The S visa issued to persons who assist US law enforcement to investigate and prosecute crimes and terrorist activities such as money laundering and organized crime

    Recruitment agent will not take you seriously if you are not already in the US. Writing for jobs is really a waste of time; likewise US employers have no idea what foreign qualification are or mean (except Degrees) it may pay you to get your qualification translated into a US equivalent, there are Companies that do this (www.wes.org) ..

    But if you are getting a visa under (2) above then you need a job offer before you can get the visa. Your Employer will be your sponsor this will cost them upward of $5k. So you can see you have to be offering something really special to get considered They may also have to prove to the Dept of labor that there is no American who can do the job if the position is to be permanent ©



    Short term, non immigrant visa

    F1 visa, from an accredited school, to get this as a rule of thumb, you have to show that you have means to cover the cost of tuition and other living expenses, so around $10K on top of tuition per year at the very least. This can be from having cash in the bank, loans etc.

    This visa doesn't allow you to work whilst studying for the first semester of the course (6 months), and then after that, only for 20 hours a week on campus.

    Student visas (F) are non-immigrant AFTER THE COURSE YOU GO HOME

    • dee c5 years agoReport

      thank you so much! you've been a big help!!

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

    Everything there is to know? Well, it will take an attorney a great deal of years to even touch this, so even experience AILA attorneys don't know everything there is to know about this, but there's a great deal of information about visas and immigration to the United States on the Internet, which after a year or two of study should give him a solid foundation. He could also read questions and answers here for a year to get a vibe of it, or go to a self-help forum like www.visajourney.com and read there for a couple hours a day.

    Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Rivera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
    • dee c5 years agoReport

      thank 😁👍🏼you soo much!!

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

    What he really wants if for you to marry him so that he can come here as an immigrant. Go for it and see how that works out for you.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.