How do I convince my parents to get a cartilage Piercing?

Im 17, and my parents wont let me get a cartilage piercing. I only have and earlobe piercing, which was done when I was 2 months old. My parents said no because theyre really against having a piercing or tatoo anywhere else because it looks "trashy" and goth, and makes me look like a bad person. I dont want anything crazy on my ear, just something nice and simple. I get good grades, what else can I do?

THEY SAID YES!!!!! and thank you to everyone who answered :)

• Seryph
    Favorite Answer

Point out that it is far less "trashy" than piercing a newborns ears.

But really, talk to them about it, explain why you want it so much. Try and suggest earning it through chores or whatever. Worst case scenario you wait until you are 18 and get it done anyway.

A cartilage piercing was my first piercing (with consent) that I got. I was 16 at the time and I convinced my parents by doing well on a test or by doing simple little 'good deeds'. It doesn't look trashy whatsoever. I'm a qualified beauty therapist and my job would have to be the worst job to have when it comes to piercings.. But they do not care about that kind of thing. It isn't a 'crazy' piercing to have.

Hope this helps 😀

Source(s): I have 5 piercings

Tell them that this is something you have been thinking about for a while and that you are 17 so you should be making decisions that make you happy. You are obviously doing well in education so you are responsible enough to get this done. Tell them it's the only piercing you really want done and that it won't look extreme.

• Crow

On your 18th birthday go and get it.

====> >tips =====>> > http://x.co/9WL3x