Biopsy bleeding?

I had a biopsy done on my second toe around 1:30 today. When I got home around 5, I took my socks and shoes off and noticed the band aid is full of blood.

The bleeding seems to have stopped but the toes and band aid along with part of my big toe is with blood.

Is this normal? I probably must have aggravated the cut by walking around. Should I clean around te wound and put another band aid?

Doctor didn't tell me anything to do if there was bleeding. Only said not to removed band aid for 24 hrs.

Favorite Answer

It's pretty normal.

I'd actually suggest using NON STICK pad instead of band aids. Use paper tape to loosely hold it in place. Apply pressure if it starts to bleed again.

Yes, walking on it probably opened up the wound again.

Not too long ago, I sliced OFF a chunk from my finger tip. Above technique stopped the bleeding but took a while for it to heal. You might see a spot of blood for couple days but it shouldn't be running bleed. If it starts to ooze liquid that smells, go back to your doc, as it is a sign of infection.

Good luck.