What do you think about Lebanon?

Is it safe and it an islamic or christians ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Lebanon is neither Islamic nor Christian, it is a pseudo-secular state of religious minorities. It is also among the most liberal country in the region.

Contrary to the previous, Lebanon is currently safe and no, Lebanese are not fighting each other.

We've had about 1.3 million tourists in 2014 and expecting more this year.

If you choose to come, stay away from the borders with Syria and Israel and for extra security avoid Tripoli and the southern suburb of Beirut.

Source(s): Lebanese
  • Moi
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Its a very dangerous place to visit. Stay far away.

Fighting from the Syrian Civil War has spilled over into Lebanon as Lebanese opponents and supporters of the Syrian government have travelled to Syria to fight and attack each other on Lebanese soil. Lebanon’s Sunni Muslims mostly supporting the rebels in Syria, while Shi’ites have largely supported Syrian president Assad. Killings, unrest, and kidnappings of foreign citizens across Lebanon is a common occurrence.

GEOGRAPHY & TRAVEL

25 Most Dangerous Countries According To Global Peace Index

POSTED BY PETR HABARTA ON SEPTEMBER 18, 2014

http://list25.com/25-most-dangerous-countries-acco...

• 5 years ago

Lebanon was a nice place to visit 40+ years ago... Since then, it really hasn't been worth visiting with its citizens trying to kill each other over irrelevant religious and ethnic differences.

• 5 years ago

The US DOS does not consider it safe (see alert). But I lived through a civil war in Africa and as long as you carry a gun and check under your car for bombs before you drive it, I think you will be ok.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ennui
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Nope, it's on the top of the US Government's alert list for foreign travel.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/...

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Beirut is okay I guess but I still prefer Willie Mays.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I think it's hot. I also like two girls and one guy.

• 5 years ago

It has not been safe since 1972.

• 5 years ago

Good

• zach
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

Don't have any f*cks to give about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.