? asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 5 years ago

Want to teach myself a foreign language over the summer? Please help?

Hey all,

For as long as I can remember, I've always had a knack for languages. Everything just sounds so interesting for me. I've always wanted to learn another language. I am bilingual, as I fluently speak English and Hebrew. In the house growing up, I was brought up with Hebrew, so I never actually had to "learn" it in a classroom setting because I was fluent by the time I was already 5, maybe. In any case, I have summer vacation now, and I'd love to learn another language. I'm really confused as to which language I want to learn. If I choose the language, I will devote a lot of hours to it over the summer, and I hope I can be more or less fluent, if not definitely able to get by in 3 months at the end of summer. I'm really motivated. Which language should I learn? I hear the best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in it. Where I live, there are many, many Russian speakers, so I would have the best chance to immerse myself with that. But I also feel like I want to try something else. Not really spanish or french, I feel like those are "generic", but then again, I want to learn something useful. I was thinking maybe Swedish? Dutch? German? I know Arabic has some similarities to Hebrew, which I already know, but i wouldn't wanna learn that. Maybe Italian? Portuguese? Which language is rather easy to learn that I will be able to study? All help appreciated!

Thank you

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago

Well what may help is to type the lets say word or phrase you use a lot into Google translate and try to use that often then in the meantime try to find a book that helps with the language your learning or what helped me was the program called pasport 35

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Learn Persian or Farsi, it is the spoken in Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan. It's a critical language.

Or if you want learn Turkish. Which is a harmonical language spoken in Turkey, Azerbaijan and Turkic countries.

• 5 years ago

اللغة العربية

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.