? asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 5 years ago

Want to teach myself a foreign language over the summer? Please help?

Hey all,

For as long as I can remember, I've always had a knack for languages. Everything just sounds so interesting for me. I've always wanted to learn another language. I am bilingual, as I fluently speak English and Hebrew. In the house growing up, I was brought up with Hebrew, so I never actually had to "learn" it in a classroom setting because I was fluent by the time I was already 5, maybe. In any case, I have summer vacation now, and I'd love to learn another language. I'm really confused as to which language I want to learn. If I choose the language, I will devote a lot of hours to it over the summer, and I hope I can be more or less fluent, if not definitely able to get by in 3 months at the end of summer. I'm really motivated. Which language should I learn? I hear the best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in it. Where I live, there are many, many Russian speakers, so I would have the best chance to immerse myself with that. But I also feel like I want to try something else. Not really spanish or french, I feel like those are "generic", but then again, I want to learn something useful. I was thinking maybe Swedish? Dutch? German? I know Arabic has some similarities to Hebrew, which I already know, but i wouldn't wanna learn that. Maybe Italian? Portuguese? Which language is rather easy to learn that I will be able to study? All help appreciated!

Thank you

Well what may help is to type the lets say word or phrase you use a lot into Google translate and try to use that often then in the meantime try to find a book that helps with the language your learning or what helped me was the program called pasport 35

Learn Persian or Farsi, it is the spoken in Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan. It's a critical language.

Or if you want learn Turkish. Which is a harmonical language spoken in Turkey, Azerbaijan and Turkic countries.

اللغة العربية