Jennsen asked in PetsRodents · 6 years ago

Is my hamster pregnant?

About five days ago, a friend of mine was over and accidentally put my female hamster in the males cage when finished holding her. I was in the other room and was unable to catch it until maybe 10 minutes later, but they were definitely mating. She also had semen all over her genitals. (they are both Syrians, btw.)

Now, 5/6 days later, she is a little more mellow. Her sleeping nest is a little larger, and when I hold her, she curls up in the crook of my elbow or wherever she can and just sits there (not uncomfortably btw) which is weird for her because it is usually hard to get her to stay still.

Then when I picked her up today, she smelled strongly like she does when she is in heat, but is still acting strangely. I rubbed her back and

gently pressed on her lower back, and her tail didn't raise like she's in heat, so I have no idea. Is she pregnant?

Yeah...probably. Look for fatness, mood swings, and quiet/hiding

probably