Michael asked in HealthOther - Health · 5 years ago

Why did Bruce Jenner become a woman?

How long has he taught about this and why did he change genders all of a sudden? I don't know anything about it.

• Lily
    Best Answer

Bruce became Caitlyn Jenner, taking an outwardly recognizable female identity. However, his gender is still male. He is under an umbrella term called "transgender," meaning people born with a gender identity, gender expression or behavior that doesn't conform to the sex which they were assigned at birth. With this explanation you can decide for yourself whether Caitlyn is a woman or a man. Psychology or physiology?

Bruce Jenner. I have never really thought about whether i am for him or against. ive been too busy thinking of what other people think. Bruce Jenner has always questioned his sexuality. Even from when he was a child. he got interviewed about it and he said ' when i was little, i use to dress up in girls clothes alot" Bruce Jenner has always been the type to be feminine.

I am for his decision and if it makes him feel better about himself well then why not? i dont understand why everyone has to be so judgemental all the time. There are millions just like him, why is he getting hated for?

He became a woman because he wanted to his entire life. Although he could of spent that money on something like charity. It made him happy and i would just like to congratulate him.

Well done Caitlyn :)

Bruce or "Caitlyn" Jenner was always, on the inside, a female. She even admitted that she knew she was for a long time, and tried to hide it out of fear of what other people would think, or what relationships it would jeopardize. Did she make the right choice marrying and having kids when she knew this? No, but is it better that she continued to live her life in fear, just to spare others the news of it? There comes a point when you have to think of yourself, and your happiness, despite what others may think. In my opinion, she was a women's soul born into the wrong body. Am I saying this is without a doubt true? No. There will be people who agree with me, and others who don't, We will never truly know why, because it will never be proven either way. People will try to fight this, but we all have to just stick to our beliefs because we may never know the truth.

• F4 years agoReport

You are ******* wrong and ignorant. You are no better than the ***** community. go back to answers.com

Bruce Jenner is a man.

• katya4 years agoReport

Inside he's a woman so basically he's a woman...

Reality is a subjective illusion based on individual thought concepts. Why he/she became a woman is not our problem!

That the idea of a woman living in a man's body or vice versa may or may not be accepted by the neurological and philosophical media is as evidentiary as all the faith and belief systems based on invisible and undetectable religious concepts. THERE"S JUST NO PROOF.

In short, it was Bruce's decision to become Caitlyn and only he/she can answer these questions!

• squidy

He's almost certainly wanted to do this for many, many years. To him I'm sure it's not sudden, but "finally". We all have secret wishes, and things about our identity that we feel strongly but hide from everyone else. Whether or not it's true that the brain can have a gender independent from the body, I think people should be able to make whatever changes they want, and I think it's amazing that we live in a world where people have access to the technology and the freedom to make incredible life changes, the likes of which past generations could never dream of. :)

Bruce became Caitlyn Jenner, taking an outwardly recognizable female identity. However, his gender is still male. He is under an umbrella term called "transgender," meaning people born with a gender identity, gender expression or behavior that doesn't conform to the sex which they were assigned at birth. With this explanation you can decide for yourself whether Caitlyn is a woman or a man.

People are strongly constructed systems,in this case try to analyze them level by level.

The first is their biological gender which is pretty limited appearance because there are only two general genders male and female, although there are some people generally categorized as intersex.

The second is self expression called gender identity which correspondes from male to female shades, another gender varieties, polygender and negation, but existing part called agender.

The third level creates area called sexual orientation, from heterosexual to homosexual with bisexual states lying in their limits, and more spacious term as a pansexual, etc.

The first and second have an notably deeper tie,while the third has it s own sovereignty.

The tie is narrower in people which gender identity has the more jazz between their biological structures and often chose to change their gander and easily express themselves though visual form (body appearance) and mechanisms inside (feelings).

Bruce Jenner will always be a man whether he likes it or not. I think it's foolish to "change" your gender just you are tired of what you are. I think it's pathetic and a cry for attention.

• Quinlan4 years agoReport

A cry for attention?! Foolish? I don't think you understand how hard it is to become yourself by doing something big like that. It is because of not accepting people like you that almost 40% of the US's suicide attempts were by trans people. Educate yourself

• ?

with or without balls, Bruce Jenner, a.k.a. Catlyn Jenner, will remain a MAN forever.

To him I'm sure it's not sudden, but "finally". We all have secret wishes, and things about our identity that we feel strongly but hide from everyone else. Whether or not it's true that the brain can have a gender independent from the body, I think people should be able to make whatever changes they want, and I think it's amazing that we live in a world where people have access to the technology and the freedom to make incredible life changes, the likes of which past generations could never dream of. :)