B asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 5 years ago

How can I fix frizzy hair?

So I know you can't ever really fix frizzy hair without cutting it all of but is there anyway I can make it less visible. Also are there any shampoos that help with frizz. My hair is naturally straight but I have dyed it quite a lot but it isn't dry.

Best Answer

Frizz happens when dry hair collides with humidity. Those parched, porous strands suck up the excess moisture in the air. As the strands swell, the outer layer (aka cuticle) of your hair lifts. The result: The smooth tresses you left home with this morning are now a ruffled, haywire mess. "As a teenager my hair was pretty frizzy and more damaged," says Natalie Coughlin, a 11-time Olympic medalist for USA Swimming (3 Gold, 4 Silver, and 4 Bronze), who's one-quarter Filipino. She credits a healthful diet, good hair-care products and working with instead of against her hair type for her healthy mane. "It's important that hairstylists shape my layers so that when I do wear it wavy and play up my natural curls it looks good," Coughlin says, adding that leave-in conditioner makes her frizz more manageable.

"But as I've gotten older I've learned to really embrace my hair's natural waves and natural texture rather than constantly straightening it," she says. Use gel like Samy when your hair is damp, scrunch your hair and let air dry, or blow dry using a diffuser concentrating @ the roots. Finger comb, tousle or shake your hair and you're good to go. In the morning, instead of washing them again, spray with water & conditioner, scrunch with your fingers and you're done.

Shampoo. Condition. Add a small dollop (size of a quarter) of gel to keep hair from frizzing. Give it a final rinse with carbonated or sparkling water. Sparkling water reduces frizz because of its low pH level. This is a good treatment if you often let your curls air-dry because it will help to eliminate the frizz caused by humidity. Towel dry, scrunch with gel like Samy, or hand lotion, blow-dry using a diffuser briefly, tousle the hair, finger comb, shake your head & you're good to go. If you don't have a diffuser, use a blow heat dryer on low for 5 mins. Upside down blow drying. Bend at your waist, turn your head down and blow dry. Straighten up to a voluminous, super full mane! If your hair needs longer than 5 mins to dry your hair, air dry SOME, get dressed, have breakfast, do your homework, get online etc. while air dryer, then blow dry briefly concentrating @ the roots. Shake your hair and you're good to go! For more looser curls, set them briefly, blow dry, let them cool, take the curlers out, & finger comb. The result of this method: Elizabeth & Val dance the Jive on Dancing with the Stars, Halloween 2013.

When you wake up, instead of shampooing again, keep a bottled water filled with water/conditioner and spray on your hair. Scrunch, finger comb and you're good to go! Google Haley Rinehart - American Idol she's got long beautiful curly hair! When my hair was permed in the 80's, my waist-length hair looked like hers or Lorde's (below). Look @ my hair now.

Wear a scarf on windy days to avoid frizz. Tuck them inside your hat or side braided, style them by wetting your fingers when you get inside, finger comb! Off-Duty Hair Accessory is the Fedora.

One method to make it look fuller, add body, tame the curls, bouncier, thicker, SEXIER, softer & shinier hair is to set your hair with plastic curlers (not Velcro) after you towel dry, you'll end up with uniform balance of curls. Blow dry briefly while curling them in curlers. Take them out, and finger comb to style. When you're finished, use your fingers to shake your hair allowing it to fall naturally into place. Used by the best hair color models, and the fashion industry, like Victoria Secret Fashion Show Dec. 2009, 2010, & 2011, America's Next Top Models, EXPRESS, Toddlers & Tiaras, Dance Moms, Dancing with the Stars, Kris Jenner (was shown with curlers before a meeting while in her office - then took the curlers out and tousle with her fingers ready to go), Kim Kardashian, even used on Oprah's hair . . . . and continued to be used today where salons care about pampering your hair. When you see hair on TV a hair color commercial, they're not done by curling or straightening tools. Hair that shines like that and feels like hair, not hay, has to be done by the best hair tools available w/out damaging to the hair. When you take the curlers out, finger comb to style or lightly brush. Tousle the hair up. or shake your hair. You can use large, medium or small curlers, that depends on the length of your hair. Think of JLo's hair, she was voted as the Sexiest Woman by People magazine and Glamour's Woman of the Year 2011.

It depends on why your hair is frizzy to start with.

If it is frizzy because of split ends then the only way to get rid of them is your cut your hair otherwise your hair will continue to split up the shaft of the hair until it breaks off.

If your hair is frizzy because it's dry then you need to deep condition it & then stick to a conditioning schedule to prevent it from drying out again

• Sur La Mer
      5 years agoReport

Curly hair is Naturally dry. - Type 3: Curly Easily frizzes in the humid climate.