Anonymous

Ariana Grande is a honorary Latina?

What kind of list is this ?

Don't they know that hispanic and Latina aren't races?

http://blog.chron.com/lavoz/2015/03/ariana-grande-...

My question is asking why is she on a list of people you thought were Hispanic but isn't?When Hispanic/Latina isn't even a race.

She is an Italian American.

I don't see anywhere in that article where it states Hispanic is a race, but it's understandable that some people may assume Ariana is Hispanic considering her name sounds Hispanic and she has tan skin like a lot of Latinas.

I think she is. I have Latino parents but I DONT feel ANY connection to any Latin American culture. Im just as curious and Westernized as the next White or Black woman. I DO NOT hate her personally, I'm sure shes decent in real life I just HATE HATE HATE her music and her image. I think Jennifer Lopez, Selena, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Gloria Estefan is a lot classier. After finding out how really physically short she is, her youthful childlike appearance, the type of costumes she wears in music videos, and the eroticed lyrics in her songs, I think shes a walking pedophile magnet. She really pisses me off by implying that women of color esp olive skinned women Latinas or any woman who fits that description are into their looks, boys and premarital sex wayyyyy before Middle School. Its entertainers like her and the management responsible for the freaks, creeps and weirdos just waiting for their chance to prey on some poor soul because of what they see on tv. The very sad part of sex selling the product. I apologize to Ariana and her family for saying this but if I have daughters they will not be watching her **** on tv until theyre 16-17. The least I can do is not pay Ariana Grande any mind until shes in her late 20s and looks more womanly. Hopefully, shell still be in the spotlight by then

• OneGuy

"Hispanic" and "Latino" populations are usually moderately to significantly admixed. Ariana Grande, being of Italian descent from Latin/Romance speakers, falls into this bracket since she is also slightly admixed. She has an olive undertone, signaling that she may have some Near Eastern Arab in her or even African!

She is Italian

And yes that list is stupid and was probably made by a American who thinks that Hispanic and latina are races.

She isn't Hispanic she's actually Sicilian get your facts straight!