Anonymous

Education question.?

Ok, I'm 24 and I have a son and I'm married, I dropped out of school aroun 9th grade, I picked up my GED and I'm in my first quarter at a community college, I'm learning fast surprisingly, knowing how much I use to drink and do drugs, but anyways, I love numbers, ( math ) and well im looking into becoming a physicist or astronomer, but do native studies on the side because I'm a traditional Native American, 100% full blood Dakota, and would this be a thought path to go down for a career?, now I love numbers and I think there needs to be more brown people with scientific degrees.

Edit: I plan on doing a 2year plan at the college I'm at, and then 2 years at another university, or possibly a 4 year plan after my 2 years of community college.

What's your thoughts on this.

Favorite Answer

Good, solid plan! It is good that you like math because any career in the STEM industry (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) are in high demand which means you won't have a hard time finding a good paying job in the future.