promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is there a way to KNOW there is a god? Any way at all?

Not blind faith. But actually knowing so that you will never again question? Because of the answer to this question is no. We are all either atheists, or blindly following a random old story

57 Answers

Relevance
  • CB
    Lv 6
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Bible is a precious gift from God. It is like a letter from a loving father to his children. It tells us the truth about God—who he is and what he stands for. It explains how to cope with problems and how to find true happiness. The Bible alone tells us what we must do to please God.—Psalm 1:1-3; Isaiah 48:17, 18. The Bible was written by some 40 different men over a period of 1,600 years, beginning in 1513 B.C.E. It is made up of 66 little books. Those who wrote the Bible were inspired by God. They wrote his thoughts, not their own. So God in heaven, not any human on earth, is the Author of the Bible.—2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:20, 21. God made sure that the Bible was accurately copied and preserved. More Bibles have been printed than any other book. Your eternal future depends on your getting to know God and doing his will despite any opposition.—Matthew 5:10-12; John 17:3.

People worship many things. But the Bible tells us that there is only one TRUE God. He created everything in heaven and on earth. Because he gave us life, he is the only One we should worship.—1 Corinthians 8:5, 6; Revelation 4:11. God has many titles but has only one name. That name is JEHOVAH. In most Bibles, God’s name has been removed and has been replaced with the titles LORD or GOD. But when the Bible was written, the name Jehovah appeared in it some 7,000 times!—Exodus 3:15; Psalm 83:18. Jehovah has a body, but it is not like ours. “God is a Spirit,” says the Bible. (John 4:24) A spirit is a form of life that is much higher than ours. No human has ever seen God. Jehovah lives in heaven, but he can see all things. (Psalm 11:4, 5; John 1:18) What, though, is the holy spirit? It is not a person like God. Rather, it is God’s active force.—Psalm 104:30. The Bible reveals Jehovah’s personality to us. It shows that his outstanding qualities are love, justice, wisdom, and power. (Deuteronomy 32:4; Job 12:13; Isaiah 40:26; 1 John 4:8) The Bible tells us that he is also merciful, kind, forgiving, generous, and patient. We, like obedient children, should try to imitate him.—Ephesians 5:1, 2. Should we bow down or pray to images, pictures, or symbols in our worship? No! (Exodus 20:4, 5) Jehovah says that we must worship only him. He will not share his glory with anyone or anything else. Images have no power to help us.—Psalm 115:4-8; Isaiah 42:8. How can we get to know God better? One way is by observing the things he has created and thinking deeply about what they tell us. God’s creations show us that he has great power and wisdom. We see his love in all that he has made. (Psalm 19:1-6; Romans 1:20) Another way we can learn about God is by studying the Bible. In it he tells us much more about the kind of God he is. He also tells us about his purpose and what he wants us to do.—Amos 3:7; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

Source(s): Bible/JW.org
    • ...Show all comments
    • 73 authors over 1500 years, mostly plagiarized from previous religions and embellished story telling to keep the uneducated masses under control

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

Me as a Muslim, Islam taught me this answer in various ways. The Quran says repeatedly look at the creation around you, I created this, not a lot of repetetive coincidences. Also in the Quran, there are a lot of scientific miracles connected to it, such as the number of times the words land and water were used: the ratio is just like the ratio of ocean and land. That could not have been made up by and illeterate orphan in the desert 1700 years ago. But if atheists believe the universe was created by coincidences that conveniently happened billions of times, then I guess they can beleive that this fact in the Quran, as well as many others, are also coincidences.

The Quran has not been changed ever, history proved that. So every tidbit that's in there came from someone (or from God, in my perspective) 1700 years ago. Based on all the scientific facts that haven't been changed due to the internet, and knowing that the universe could not have made the same coincidences billions of times in a row, is why I know God is real.

• 5 years ago

Consider what the psychological effect would be, of KNOWING, as a mathematical certainty, that God existed:

On the one hand, it would be far more oppressive than knowing your government was spying on you.

On the other hand, there would no longer be much motivation to try to interact with God.

So KNOWING, in a mathematical sense, that there is a God would (1) negate the positive effects of trying to interact with God on your own, and (2) make a person be less inclined to try to interact with God at all.

Given this scenario--if YOU were God, what would YOU do? Maybe hiding, until individual people come looking for you, isn't such a bad idea after all.

--Preacher's Kid.

• 5 years ago

No. Belief in any religion is faith. And faith by definition is a belief system with no evidence. Holy books are not evidence. There is at least one for every religion that ever became literate.

To spicy...... dieing isn't going to help. As the brain begins to die, because of the lack of oxygen to the cells, consciousness begins to fail, During this failing process, some people have seen lights. If the cells continue to die, the light fades, and consciousness ends. All dieing minds go thru this. And the death of the brain is final, and absolute.

In a NDE, the circulation begins again, and that person regains consciousness, and tells you all about the lights that they saw. If the brain is kept cool, and unstressed, it can live as long as 5 minutes before cellular destruction begins.

Gods are imaginary. We hve no evidence that any of the zillions humans have invented are real. None. It's faith.

As Carl Sagan said, "There will always be religions (gods) and astrologers (people who read the signs of the starts the gods are said to have created.).

• ...Show all comments
    • Glenn S
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

The accuracy of the bible in the context of recording historical facts and events, the accuracy of its prophetic predictions, and how following biblical writing has lead to 1000's of archaeological discoveries in Israel and surrounding countries is solid evidence of the truth found in the bible.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jorge
    Lv 6
    5 years ago

No by experimental sense perception, reasoning nor speculation, but by the science of process of devotion, of course this have some requirements, as most of the field of knowledge. One must find a great quialify man of the science of God and trust him. If there is not real interest or sincerety in to know God, it doesn't work. Yes, we are all atheists, that is why we are here in this material world, but dormant love for God is in everyone's heart, just need to be awakining.

• 5 years ago

Can we really believe what the bible says?

(1) Amazing harmony. The Bible was written over a period of 1,600 years by some 40 different people. Most of them never met one another. Yet, the entire book is harmonious, with one theme!

(2) Honest history. Secular historians seem quick to cover over the defeats of their people. In contrast, Bible writers candidly recorded both their personal failings and those of their nation.-2 Chronicles 36:15,16; Psalm 51:1-4.

(3) Reliable prophecy. The Bible foretold the destruction of the ancient city Babylon some 200 years in advance. (Isaiah 13: 17-22) It revealed not only the manner in which Babylon would fall but even the name of its conqueror!-Isaiah 45:1-3

Numerous other Bible prophecies were also fulfilled down to the smallest detail. But is that not what we would expect of the Word of God?-2 Peter 1:21

Source(s): JW.ORG
  • 5 years ago

Yes, there is a very strong proof. It is just you. Look at yourself, do you think you are just a simple animal walking on two legs. Can't you see how different we humans are from our environment. Do we only a part of Evolution, I don't think so. We are changing world's equivalence. This is a paradox. we can destruct the world or make it much more better, and this is we who choose, not the MotherNature. Here we understand that we are passengers in this world, and we are going a head to real life.

• Raja
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

You are living in a miraculous era which had started in the year 1950 and gong to end within a few years or little later. The people who born in this era may be thinking that this is natural and always had been like this. What is happening now is not natural and your forefathers and the world had never experienced this phenomena before. All souls of the earthly creatures including yours are connected to one soul. This is not a scientific miracle but the miracle of God. What else you need to believe that there is a God?

• any evidence that isn't psycho babble?

• 5 years ago

At a certain point (in the growth of consciousness), it becomes so obvious that God exists that the question of his existence ceases to even be of interest. What goes along with this is that one realizes a little tiny bit what God is, or perhaps just as important, what God is not. Once you re-define for yourself what God is, his existence is obvious. Thing about most atheists is they define God in such a way that his existence is absurd. (Ironically, many of them get their definition from the people they denigrate the most--the religious fundamentalists.)

• 5 years ago

I don't believe in God, keep that in mind as I say what I have to say.

By society, I am an atheist, however I don't claim to be an atheist - I'm me.

Christianity and other beliefs alike, such as Atheism - Yes, atheism is a belief system - is actually just a theory just as evolution is.

No one can prove God exists nor can they prove it doesn't exist.

I say "It" because God is perceived as a being and a being is an "entity" which isn't human.

Hope I helped.

• ...Show all comments
    • and you are mistakenly using the word theory when you actually mean hypothesis, because you clearly do not know that evolution is indeed a fact

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.