What jobs can i do if i am thirteen years old and live in brooklyn. Plz dotn say things like babysitting and bakesales.?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • LJ
    Lv 7
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

People are correct to say that you cannot legally get a real job at 13.

However, those who said you must be 15 are wrong. (They're probably thinking of the laws in their own state. P)

Here in NY State you only need to be 14 to get a real job. However, at 14 - 18 years old, you'll need working papers to be legally employed. In NYC, you can get working papers at the high school you attend.

But even if you were 14 and had working papers, there are very few people willing to hire teenagers. And there are limits to the hours you can work and the kind of work you're allowed to do.

• 5 years ago

You can't do any real job, other than making YouTube videos and hoping that you become famous. Because it is not legal in the US for children under the age of 15 to actually work. But I guess you can volunteer in many places. Well babysitting, yard work can also earn you some money.

Oh! you can work at kumon they actually pay you on an hourly basis

• 5 years ago

Well, you're too young for a "real" job (due to child labor laws), so your options include babysitting, dog walking, yard work, odd jobs, etc.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

lawn mowing, yard work - you're too young under child labor laws to legally be hired for a regular job

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

just young enough to get famous and rich from youtube. film yourself doing stupid chit, post it repeat, flood forums with your videos no like no care style and by the time your 18 youll have a house, car, and be touring the nation like timothydelaghetto, nash grier, pewdiepie, etc.

• Rob
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Visit local library for ideas on how to make money with no job.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

If you live in the US then NO businesses can hire you, it is illegal you must be 15 UNLESS your parents own the business

• 5 years ago

try watching peoples kids for them? or maybe selling cakes?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.