Anthony asked in SportsOther - Sports · 5 years ago

Who thinks Anthony Rumble Johnson will beat Daniel Cormier the next time they fight?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Johnson will always have a punchers chance; make no mistake about that. However Cormier took his best shot and was able to weather the storm and win so that also told me something about him. The other thing about their fight is that Cormier comes from a wrestling background where endurance and endurance training is key and necessary. I am not sure if Johnson has what it takes in the endurance department to go five rounds like Cormier can and has so in any long, protracted title fight the odds are somewhat against him I think. However he certainly has the ability to end a fight early.

Could he beat Cormier in a rematch? Maybe but Cormier took his best shot pretty well and Johnson will have to up his endurance and stamina to go five rounds or I am afraid any rematch might play out like this first fight unless Cormier gets knocked out next time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

I don't believe it will be a next time. I don;t think DC will want to fight. They would have to force him to fight Rumble as a mandatory fight.

Rumble has enough power to end it striking. But DC was a much better wrestler. Rumble looked lost and exhausted with the wrestling. DC was the better fighter on that night. But in a rematch one punch can end it. I would give Rumble the advantage on the striking to end it.

• 5 years ago

He gots a chance with his power and speed but if Daniel just fights smart he will take the win again.

• BOBO
    Lv 6
    5 years ago

I doubt it. Cormier knew he had it once it got to the ground. Johnson does got some heavy hands though, so technically he got a chance against anyone early.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

I'm guessing you do.

• 5 years ago

lel

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.