Aria asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 5 years ago

What to do about really frizzy hair?

I have tried so many high end shampoos and conditioners, yet my hair insists on frizzing. I used to use oils, which helped a little, but they made my forehead break out like crazy. I don't brush my hair unless it is wet, that helps a little, but not enough. What can I do?

Best Answer

Frizz happens when dry hair collides with humidity. Those parched, porous strands suck up the excess moisture in the air. As the strands swell, the outer layer (aka cuticle) of your hair lifts. The result: The smooth tresses you left home with this morning are now a ruffled, haywire mess.

"As a teenager my hair was pretty frizzy and more damaged," says Natalie Coughlin, a 11-time Olympic medalist for USA Swimming (3 Gold, 4 Silver, and 4 Bronze), who's one-quarter Filipino. She credits a healthful diet, good hair-care products and working with instead of against her hair type for her healthy mane. "It's important that hairstylists shape my layers so that when I do wear it wavy and play up my natural curls it looks good," Coughlin says, adding that leave-in conditioner makes her frizz more manageable. "But as I've gotten older I've learned to really embrace my hair's natural waves and natural texture rather than constantly straightening it," she says.

Use gel like Samy when your hair is damp, scrunch your hair and let air dry, or blow dry using a diffuser concentrating @ the roots. Finger comb, tousle or shake your hair and you're good to go. In the morning, instead of washing them again, spray with water & conditioner, scrunch with your fingers and you're done.

Wear a scarf on windy days to avoid frizz. Tuck them inside your hat or side braided, style them by wetting your fingers when you get inside, finger comb! Off-Duty Hair Accessory is the Fedora.

Chart-topping, 17yr.old Kiwi pop star Lorde says her hidden talent: "I can go 6 weeks without washing my hair." Google: Big hair, don't care! Lorde's wild tresses take center stage as she performs at the iHeartRadio Music Festival 9-14. She is Elle’s October 2014 cover issue.

Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair"

.. - or 10 Best Foods for Your Hair.

NO MATTER which link you picked, they all suggest the same foods. Your hair may be the fastest-growing tissue in the body but, unlike the skin, it cannot repair itself. That is why getting the right balance of vitamins and proteins is imperative. Don't expect to look like you've stepped out of a hair commercial the day after you've changed your diet. It is likely to take at least three months before you actually see tangible results. Hair is dead, but hair also has electrical energy; the negative charge of damaged hair can lead to flyways and unruly hair and tampering with your hair using heat makes the hair grow slowly or none, you’re sending currents to the roots tampering them.

TAMING HAIR:

One method to make it look fuller, add body, tame the curls, bouncier, thicker, SEXIER, softer & shinier hair is to set your hair with plastic curlers (not Velcro) after you towel dry, you'll end up with uniform balance of curls. Blow dry briefly while curling them in curlers. Take them out, and finger comb to style. When you're finished, use your fingers to shake your hair allowing it to fall naturally into place. Used by the best hair color models, and the fashion industry, like Victoria Secret Fashion Show Dec. 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012, America's Next Top Models, EXPRESS, Toddlers & Tiaras, Dance Moms, Dancing with the Stars, Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian, even used on Oprah's hair . . . . and continued to be used today where salons care about pampering your hair. When you see hair on TV a hair color commercial, they're not done by curling or straightening tools. Hair that shines like that and feels like hair, not hay, has to be done by the best hair tools available w/out damaging to the hair. When you take the curlers out, finger comb to style or lightly brush. Tousle the hair up. or shake your hair. You can use large, medium or small curlers, that depends on the length of your hair. Think of JLo's hair, she was voted as the Sexiest Woman by People magazine and Glamour's Woman of the Year 2011.

Sadie & Mark Dancing with the Stars, see her before (rehearsal) & after hair (Monday night's dance).

Google: Imogen Thomas wears rollers in her hair to take out the trash.

Click to Judge Marilyn Milian- People’s Court in curlers for Nov. 24, 2014!

Check out Giada’s & her little girl’s in curlers

====> >tips =====>> > http://x.co/Green1LInk