Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Fastest, cheapest and easiest way to get a commercial pilots license in Oklahoma or Texas I'm in Duncan Oklahoma?

4 Answers

  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Contact "American Flyers" flight school in the Dallas area -

    They have the top reputation as a flight school -

    They do not advertise you'll be Delta airline captain on A380 by the time you complete training -

    They could qualify you as CPL from scratch in about 6 month's time -

    Source(s): Retired airline pilot - I used to go to an American Flyers school to renew my CFI -
  • 6 years ago

    The fastest way is to have all the money you need for each course lined up ahead of time. Go to a flight school that can allow you to fly 5-6 days per week, and keep training until you complete all of the courses. This will take about nine months to a year, full-time, maybe a bit less. The cost will depend on the school, the planes it has, what licenses and ratings you get, the local taxes you'll pay on training, and how sharp of a student you are.

    A private pilot certificate (needed first) requires a minimum of 40 flight hours, but the average student needs 60-70 before he / she is capable of passing the flight test. The cost will range between $8000 and $12,000. Minimum age to take the licensing test is 17.

    The next course is the instrument rating. The minimum required is 40 hours. Again, the average student needs more, maybe 50-60. The cost for this will probably be $10k to $12k.

    If all you need is a single engine commercial pilot certificate, then you will need a minimum of 10 hours of instruction in commercial pilot maneuvers and instruction in the operation of a "complex" aircraft that has flaps, retractable landing gear and a controllable (constant speed) propeller. However, before you can take the flight test you will need to have accrued 250 hours of flight time (200 under some special programs). for this training and to build the required flight time, expect to pay another $20,000 for single engine airplanes. minimum age to take the commercisl pilot licensing test is 18.

    If you also want to fly multi-engine aircraft, you will need to take a multi-engine course and become competent in commercial pilot maneuvers and instrument flying in it. There is no minimum time specified for this course, but at minimum you should probably plan on 20 hours or more of training and earmark at least $6,000 for it.

    Of course you will need to take ground school, written tests and flight tests. Altogether this might represent anywhere from $3000 to $5000 more.

    After you successfully pass the commercial pilot flight tests in both single and multi-engine planes, you still won't be very employable unless you know the right people in high places The majority of pilots opt to become flight instructors since that is a very common entry-level job. There are basic, instrument and multi-engine instructor ratings each costing $2000 or so a piece

    Altogether, that tallies up to a cool $60,000. Maybe more, or a bit less for a "package price". If you picked the right school with the cheapest prices with an open enough schedule allowing you to fly at least 2-3 hours a day, and you were a very dedicated, competent student, and you only went for the single engine licenses to begin with, you could probably obtain a single engine commercial pilot certificate with instrument rating and basic flight instructor rating for about $40,000. Somebody really creative might do it for as little as $35k. Theoretically, you could knock that out in about 5-6 months if you push really hard.

  • 6 years ago

    Find a local instructor that will work with you daily.

    You will need at least 200 hours for a commercial license. Some of that will need to be in "complex aircraft."

    With a low-end cost of $120 an hour for aircraft rental, instructor and fuel there isn't a cheap way to get the commercial license.

  • 6 years ago

    I did my basic training for Commercial pilot, Instrument, Multiengine and Instructor training with "American Flyers" (which was originally located in Ardmore, OK) - I completed the training in some 7 months' time, that was in 1977s...

    They have the best reputation as flight school, and have a school in 8 locations in the US... I would not call them a cheap flight school, their training rates are about average of other schools. My son got a CPL and CFI at their school located in Santa Monica, a little less than 1 year time.


    Source(s): 767 airline captain
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.