Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 5 years ago

Conservatives: Why are you defending Josh Duggar?

By defending his actions you are proving to the world how hypocritical you are. If it were a non-white or non-christian celebrity you would be outraged and calling for him to rot in jail. Just because you believe in ancient fairytales doesn't mean you have good values especially since you believe in killing homosexuals and you want everyone to abide by the laws of the bible that instructs men to kill women for lying about being a virgin and allows men to sell their daughters to slavery.

Both conservatives and liberals are the same story, both want government to intervene in everything. Difference between them is that a liberal is a pretentious douche who has his head up his butt, while a conservative is a religious kook who is also a racist/sexist piece of sh--. Person who originally posted this, don't you know by now that if you throw any religious phrase/concept and install the words "family values", then a Christian/Conservative will defend it to the death. Not all Christians defend Josh Duggar, that is true, but all Christians do defend the concept of repentance. This concept includes the idea that if you truly repent your sin of molesting a child, you will be given an eternal paradise in the afterlife and will be saved, BUT if you lie to your parents or commit adultery or don't believe in god or like the opposite gender (and you do not repent), then you will be put into an eternal damnation where you will be tortured constantly and suffer for eternity under the hooves of the Devil.

So although not all conservative christians defend Josh Dugger, all conservative christians do defend repented child molester's right to go to heaven.

• John5 years agoReport

One thing. People who say that "f you lie to your parents or commit adultery or don't believe in god or like the opposite gender (and you do not repent), then you will be put into an eternal damnation" are not true Christians. They only think they are, but they are just intolerant scums.

I'm a conservative and I don't defend Josh Duggar at all. Neither do any conservatives I know personally.

From what I can tell, though, it seems that some are preaching forgiveness. Seems to me that they might be singing a different tune if he'd molested their own kid.

I don t necessarily think ALL conservatives can be held accountable for defending Josh Duggar, but I think many who disagree with gay marriage, like the Duggar family does, feel like they should defend him because they have the same belief. I would LOVE to see their reaction if they found out Obama had molested children as a teenager. Ahh, the hypocrisy.

I am not. There IS forgiveness for all who repent, even from sins as vile as this and worse. We are all sinners worthy of death. However, that does NOT remove a person from having to pay the earthly penalty for their actions. So if the law in their state, I have no clue where the Duggar's live, states that today, a person who was 14 years old at the time the crimes last happened may be charged, he should be charged. Also, when was the last instance of the crime? 10 years ago? 5? 2? If the last instance happened when Josh was 14, then you have to look at case precedent. Would a 14 year old in that state be charged as an adult? If the crime happened when he was a minor, and the child would be charged as a minor, you could not now charge him as an adult for crimes that he last committed as a minor and would have been charged as a minor at the time of the crime. So many legal issues. However, I would require him to be registered as a sex offender in any event. He has confessed to the crime, even if there is not way to charge him now, he is an admitted offender and the public should be warned and he should be prevented from having contact with children. Even as God forgives, and we forgive as Christ forgives us, that does not mean we act foolishly either.

• emp

I don't defend his actions however I do defend the concept of repentance. I do defend against using Josh Duggar as a method of attacking Christians and/or Conservatives.

• Bella
      5 years agoReport

@anarchy how will you prevent her?

• Jimbo

As a conservative, I have not defended Josh Duggar. I don't watch that program or any like it. I don't give a rat's patoot about Josh Duggar or his family. I live in reality. What some doofus is willing to show on television for entertainment as a "reality" show is complete B.S. and I have better things to do in my life.

Since I can clearly tell you have never read or care what the Bible has to say I will assume you do not understand Christianity nor do you know the Lord. Therefore you will never understand how it is possible to forgive ANYONE for making such a big mistake. Nor will you understand how it is possible to love the sinner and hate the sin. Josh Duggar admits he was wrong, most importantly, admits to GOD he was wrong, and has spent his whole life, I`m sure, regretting what he did. Can you say that about everyone? Everyone make mistakes. Asking forgiveness of God is the only way to be cleansed of your sin, and that`s what Josh did. I would applaud ANYONE for asking for forgiveness, it takes true strength to admit you were wrong. I hope this helps answer your question! I do not mean for any of this to hurtful or condescending. I could write so much more, but it would probably fill a whole book so I will stop here. Thanks for reading!

• anarchy5 years agoReport

so its ok to rape your sister if god forgives you? you know Im starting to think the Christian god needs to ******* die. he is a bit blood thirsty and cruel isn't he? I definitely don't want my daughter marrying a Christian man if his god forgives him for raping little kids.wtf?

I'm liberal and I hate Josh Duggar for what he's done to those poor women... But at the same time, please grow some maturity. Attacking the beliefs of conservatives so broadly and rudely is not the way to open an intelligent discussion and foster compromise and unity, which I think we can all agree we desperately need in our government. We're too polarized.

- Also, a side note... I'm liberal, and I'm also a Christian. It's possible to be a mix of both bags, you know. You just alienated some of the people on your own side.

• Genevieve4 years agoReport

Thank you for correcting me. I referred to them as women because they are now in adulthood (except for one, who is seventeen).