promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

switching from mac to windows, what should i know?

i just bought a hp probook but i havent used windows since 2010. i have forgotten how to use it and to me windows 8.1 its pretty confusing. if somebody could just walk me thru it, what i need to know, how to use it id be pretty thankful.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

First of all, when you start up your computer you will be greeted with a screen known as the "Metro".

Each square you see is known as a "Tile".

You can access this screen at any time by pressing the windows key.

In order to get to the desktop either press windows-key+D, or look for the desktop tile and click it.

You can access Windows Explorer (The equivalent of Finder) by either pressing: windows-key+E, or by clicking on the folder icon that should be in your taskbar by default.

To access your computer settings right click on the windows icon in the bottom left of the screen and select "Control Panel".

To bring up your charms menu (Quick settings menu) move your mouse all the way to the top right and then move it down. (On a touch device you can swipe in from the right)

To view currently open windows move your mouse to the top left corner and move it down. You can right click an open window here and select close.

Your wifi settings can be opened through the charms menu or through the wifi icon on the right side of your taskbar.

That's pretty much all you need to know to get around Windows 8.1

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

Just go to Youtube and search for:

Windows 8 Tutorial by David A. Cox

This Guy really knows how to create good Tutorials. Watch the tutorial as many times as you need to, to teach yourself W 8.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.